Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to Cobb about the Accessport for the 2017s.... "no current project for it available, MAYBE something late in the year", when asked why? "othr projects are more pressing and thats not one we are focusing on as right now."

Well that COMPLETELY SUCKS! Are we some back burner project ??

OTher then FRPP, who else sells tunes... When will custom tunes be available by anyone?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain the tune for the car doesn't matter based upon the year. You should be able to grab and download a tune for a "2013 ST" and have it work just fine. I know there were a few changes to the cars over the years like the brakes and a few suspension components, but the engine never changed.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Have you tried calling Cobb Tuning Plano (or Growler Motor Labs, which is going to be their new name)? I know a local guy here in the south DFW area was talking to them about Accessport for a 2017 ST and I think that he ended up getting one for his 2017. Worth asking.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried calling Cobb Tuning Plano (or Growler Motor Labs, which is going to be their new name)? I know a local guy here in the south DFW area was talking to them about Accessport for a 2017 ST and I think that he ended up getting one for his 2017. Worth asking.
Cobb tuning plano is different from Cobb tuning Austin? I did call COBB and thats the response that they gave me, almost seemed like our cars were brush off cars, an "if we have time" kinda thing. So the name of the place is Growler motor labs? ill try it

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are a lot of 2017 models missing on the Cobb site but the 2017 and 2016 are the same from my understanding. I put my car in as a 2016 and ordered the AP V3 which will be here in a few days so I'll let you know if it works out.

Reactions: Manoah

·
Registered
33 Posts
Contact Stratified Tuning for their 2017 Focus Tunes.
Send them an email or give a call. They should be able to give u a more straight forward answer.
Also on my opinion, stratified tune is a bit better of a tune. Plus, Stratified offers their COBB AP with their tune for free. Not a bad deal since you get both COBB tunes and Stratified tunes for the same price Cobb sells their unit.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Ford makes ECU revisions that make Cobb AP software incompatible. It's not about the tunes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ford makes ECU revisions that make Cobb AP software incompatible. It's not about the tunes.
That definitely sucks, I'll give it a try either way, who knows, maybe they didn't make any significant revisions lol

A company like @COBB shouldn't take this long to modify it for these revisions, I've seen them have their products out before cars are even released. I've seen a lot of people just locally here who have bought up the 2017's so it would be dumb for them to not make it a priority.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update:

hi scott,

thanks for contacting cobb support! I reached out to ups on your behalf and have requested the package return to us. We will refund your order upon its arrival.

2017 fost support is just over a month out. We will have a formal announcement when it is completed. The reverse engineering side of this project has taken longer than expected but none the less we are making progress!

·
Super Moderator
9,522 Posts
I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain the tune for the car doesn't matter based upon the year. You should be able to grab and download a tune for a "2013 ST" and have it work just fine. I know there were a few changes to the cars over the years like the brakes and a few suspension components, but the engine never changed.
Ford changes the strategy in the ecu among other things; a tune for a 13-14 will not work.

Reactions: Burnboy

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ford changes the strategy in the ecu among other things; a tune for a 13-14 will not work.
And they change that yearly? Huh, the more you know.

·
Vendor
873 Posts
Hey everyone!

I am not sure who the OP spoke with here at COBB, but we are absolutely working on 2017 Focus ST support! While it generally would not take this long to release new model year support, this project has been lumped in with some other large updates to the Ford platform. Unfortunately, scope of this project "creeped" a bit and has created a bit more work on the back-end. Now that Ford Accesstuner has been released, our team is focused on releasing the next big update. We are in the last steps of the release process for this project which includes extensive software and firmware testing on internal vehicles. At this point, I would be comfortable committing to a release near the end of April.

[email protected]

·
Vendor
873 Posts
There are a lot of 2017 models missing on the Cobb site but the 2017 and 2016 are the same from my understanding. I put my car in as a 2016 and ordered the AP V3 which will be here in a few days so I'll let you know if it works out.
Unfortunately there are indeed differences within the vehicle's programming which will not allow the Accessport to work in this case. This is why we list vehicle compatibility on each part.

[email protected]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you Marshall for responding here and the Facebook post! I will re-order toward end of April once it's available :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey everyone!

I am not sure who the OP spoke with here at COBB, but we are absolutely working on 2017 Focus ST support! While it generally would not take this long to release new model year support, this project has been lumped in with some other large updates to the Ford platform. Unfortunately, scope of this project "creeped" a bit and has created a bit more work on the back-end. Now that Ford Accesstuner has been released, our team is focused on releasing the next big update. We are in the last steps of the release process for this project which includes extensive software and firmware testing on internal vehicles. At this point, I would be comfortable committing to a release near the end of April.

[email protected]
Personally not a fan of Cobb (no offense!) but I do have to say, your customer service, from what I've witnessed both on here and on the phone as well as my own personal experience has been nothing short of phenomenal.

·
Vendor
119 Posts
yes this has nothing to do with any of the tuners, or the accessport itself. the AP V3 FOR-001 will still be the proper accessport to buy for the 2017 Focus ST, but Cobb is still working on cracking the ECU strategy codes for the 2017 Focus ST which may take some time. I have currently 7 or 8 customers who have already purchased Tune/ Accessport packages and cant do anything yet because of the lack of 2017 ST support. I contacted Cobb directly last week and the estimate was 7-8 Weeks. so hopefully thats as long as it will take, Crossing my fingers for a quicker release date.

·
Vendor
119 Posts
yes this has nothing to do with any of the tuners, or the accessport itself. the AP V3 FOR-001 will still be the proper accessport to buy for the 2017 Focus ST, but Cobb is still working on cracking the ECU strategy codes for the 2017 Focus ST which may take some time. I have currently 7 or 8 customers who have already purchased Tune/ Accessport packages and cant do anything yet because of the lack of 2017 ST support. I contacted Cobb directly last week and the estimate was 7-8 Weeks. so hopefully thats as long as it will take, Crossing my fingers for a quicker release date.
Sorry, posted this before seeing Cobb's response haha

1 - 20 of 40 Posts