Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently traded in my 2015 Scion FRS and bought the shiny red 2013 Ford Focus because it sounded amazing the space it has was a lot more than my FRS it was a little more practical also the turbo is nice and it's a smexy car. Also the leather heated seats, gotta keep them buns warm. Anyways the exhaust peaked my interest today it's a cobb exhaust so I looked under the hood and saw I have a Cobb intake, so I looked it up and there are three stages... how would I identify which stage I have?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Until you're tuned you're stage 0. When tuned for a filter or intake you're stage 1. When it's that plus a fmic and retuned it's stage 2. When it's all that plus a down pipe and retuned it's stage 3. Oem exhaust is pretty decent so it never has to be upgraded for the different stages but we all love a good exhaust mod lol

Pretty sure that's it. There are other "stages" offered by tuners for particular tunes or mods as well

·
Registered
463 Posts
If anyone asked me, I'd respond "Bolt ons, no tune". "Stage zero" sounds like ricer-speak.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
If anyone asked me, I'd respond "Bolt ons, no tune". "Stage zero" sounds like ricer-speak.
I'd probably reply stock or also bolt ons but no tune myself also, but if we are being politically correct and comparing it to stages, then the correct stage is 0. It sounds so weird lol

·
Registered
732 Posts
Welcome and have fun driving your car

·
Registered
393 Posts
Lol yea stage 0 sounds weird as hell. That being said no matter what stage I go to I always just say bolt ons and a tune. Even if I ever go BT it bolted on so I'm sticking to saying it's bolt ons and a tune :p. I'm a horrible person

1 - 7 of 7 Posts