Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2013 Ford Focus st with full COBB stage 3 bolt ons. I parked the car last night as We got heavy amounts of snow and when I went out in the morning to start it up it didn’t feel like it had any power
I drove it around for a little to warm it up and get it moving but still, nothing. The boost gauge doesn’t even move and I can’t hear the turbo. It has about 60,000 miles on it but it’s been remarkably taken care of. I couldn’t imagine it being something huge but was wondering if anybody else experienced anything similar?
Again, no codes,no check engine light, just total boost loss.
Thank you guys

·
Super Moderator
9,819 Posts
It was this! HAha thank you guys
The factory clamps are not very good; did it lose a hose at the inter cooler? A little hair spray on the connector will stick them on nice and tight and t-bolt clamps are far better than the factory units.

Reactions: LuckyWelds

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out it’s the engine mounts. My mounts are bad so the engine has so much play it literally ripped the charge pipe out of the throttle body. And continues to do so until I change them this weekend

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Turns out it’s the engine mounts. My mounts are bad so the engine has so much play it literally ripped the charge pipe out of the throttle body. And continues to do so until I change them this weekend
60k miles and your motor mounts are shot? Either you got unusually garbage mounts, or your amazingly well taken care of vehicle was amazingly abused and has suffered a hard shift or two in it's life... (per day? lol)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts