Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty folks I need some opinions here,
As of right now I’m running MST MT01 wheels (18x8.5 +35 offset) with nitto neogens (245/40r18). It’s a good looking set up, I like having more meat on my tires for sure. However, I’m gonna go with a nicer tire next and I’m gonna drop it as well with some coilovers (haven’t really decided yet but I was thinking BCs) I want to stick with a bigger tire because I really like the look of the 245s. I’m thinking about going with Nitto’s nt555 G2s but the biggest problem I’m running into is that I don’t want to cut or roll my fenders but still want enough room to clear them without. I know that some 235s are actually wider in inches than 245s so If anyone has any opinions on tires with this setup of wheels please let me know. Thank you.
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
255/35/18's if you want width. I'm running 265/35/18 RE71-R's on a 18x8.5 +35 offset with -3.1 degrees of negative camber up front and -2.1 degrees in the rear. No rubbing what so ever under heaving cornering or bumps. Yes its slightly pinched, but why? Because autocross car.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
380 Posts
Alrighty folks I need some opinions here,
As of right now I’m running MST MT01 wheels (18x8.5 +35 offset) with nitto neogens (245/40r18). It’s a good looking set up, I like having more meat on my tires for sure. However, I’m gonna go with a nicer tire next and I’m gonna drop it as well with some coilovers (haven’t really decided yet but I was thinking BCs) I want to stick with a bigger tire because I really like the look of the 245s. I’m thinking about going with Nitto’s nt555 G2s but the biggest problem I’m running into is that I don’t want to cut or roll my fenders but still want enough room to clear them without. I know that some 235s are actually wider in inches than 245s so If anyone has any opinions on tires with this setup of wheels please let me know. Thank you.
View attachment 394591
She looks good for sure.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,615 Posts
I purchased these tires right when the g2 came out in 275 and 315 widths on my 96 mustang. As you mentioned being aware of in your post- The 555g2 tires are significantly wider than the tires they replaced (i think they were sumitomos). So these tires do run wide for their size. Keep that in mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts