Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
'18 ST1+ Euro Sync3 Blue Recaros
305 Posts
About this time, I like to take out all the summer air and replace it with the cooler, denser, winter air.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,076 Posts
Everyone knows you use helium to save weight.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
@lozt247 , to be honest; after the Wife ran with that b/s for a few years after a new purchase (which was free via the dealership for 1 or 2 years), it's pretty much crap... If you're running 100% pure nitrogen, sure there is a benefit. The issue is when you need to get it 'topped off' or get new tires anywhere else. They never fully deplete the tires (using a vacuum, which causes the seal from the tire bead to break and normal air to get it), then fill it up 100% pure.

It's mostly a gimic, but the theory is correct. Just extremely difficult to produce an accurate product according to the description and actually achieve any benefit over atmospheric air... I wouldn't bother, personally.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My tpms sensors in my vehicles for the past 10+ years align with my other pressure gauges I check against. I have used nitrogen in the past to see if there was anything to it worth the hassle. In the end, all my tires filled with "plain air" hold their pressures constant provided the tire itself is not leaking.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@lozt247 , to be honest; after the Wife ran with that b/s for a few years after a new purchase (which was free via the dealership for 1 or 2 years), it's pretty much crap... If you're running 100% pure nitrogen, sure there is a benefit. The issue is when you need to get it 'topped off' or get new tires anywhere else. They never fully deplete the tires (using a vacuum, which causes the seal from the tire bead to break and normal air to get it), then fill it up 100% pure.

It's mostly a gimic, but the theory is correct. Just extremely difficult to produce an accurate product according to the description and actually achieve any benefit over atmospheric air... I wouldn't bother, personally.
Thank you for the reply really appreciate it great advice 👍💯

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My tpms sensors in my vehicles for the past 10+ years align with my other pressure gauges I check against. I have used nitrogen in the past to see if there was anything to it worth the hassle. In the end, all my tires filled with "plain air" hold their pressures constant provided the tire itself is not leaking.
Good too know thank you

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,076 Posts
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: kgh and Smokin' Joe

·
Registered
538 Posts
I use a special blend of trinitrotoluene in my tires.

• Wow
Reactions: Oldandintheway
1 - 20 of 38 Posts