Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I promise this will be my last post about HIDs. Still having a moral predicament on if I should go with the Morimoto 5500k or the 5600k. Talked to The Retrofit Source and they said there is not much difference, but don't have any good pictures of the two on any vehicles. I was hoping that we can get a few pictures posted of some night time shots of different HID temps.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
So much of this is going to depend on the camera/lens/settings.

Here are 35w osram CBI 6k on top and 25w OEM osram (4300k?) below

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So much of this is going to depend on the camera/lens/settings.

Here are 35w osram CBI 6k on top and 25w OEM osram (4300k?) below

Did you notice a difference from your stock bulbs? I put in some yellow LED fogs and they drown out the headlights and make them look less cool white. I want to go for the Toyota Corolla hid color or the European whit/blue look. 20170813_193651.jpg these are my.fogs

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Did you notice a difference from your stock bulbs? I put in some yellow LED fogs and they drown out the headlights and make them look less cool white. I want to go for the Toyota Corolla hid color or the European whit/blue look. View attachment 296921 these are my.fogs
Yes, noticed a big difference from the oem HID's and oem fog light bulbs. The Osram CBI's look white in person and brighter than the 25w setup that came with the car. The LED running/parking lights were pretty closely matched in color to the oem 25w HID's, so you can see the color difference with the CBI's compared to them. I retrofit the old 25w HID's into my fog lights, so you can see the color difference between them, the LED running lights and the 35w CBI's (zoom in and you can see the difference better:)
https://i.imgur.com/wGoE77G.jpg

Then here i added led turning lights to try and match the color vs the oem incandescent bulbs but you can see the color difference between the main headlights and the LED strip better:

I didnt want the traditional yellow fogs, just wanted more light there. I am happy with the results

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to go with the Morimoto XB series.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts