Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have about $500 to spend on upgrades, absolute max I would spend is $600 but the closer to $500 the better.

Anyone got ideas for mods? Can be power mods, appearance mods, etc. I am just looking for suggestions. I want something that will be noticeable, not something like intercooler piping, which won't really do anything for me atm.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Okay, so I have about $500 to spend on upgrades, absolute max I would spend is $600 but the closer to $500 the better.

Anyone got ideas for mods? Can be power mods, appearance mods, etc. I am just looking for suggestions. I want something that will be noticeable, not something like intercooler piping, which won't really do anything for me atm.
I don't see a downpipe on your mod list, it would complement the loud crackles and pops nicely. The velossa tech Aggression package looks sick for appearance.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I don't see a downpipe on your mod list, it would complement the loud crackles and pops nicely. The velossa tech Aggression package looks sick for appearance.
I have thought about getting a downpipe, but atm I can't just because I need a new trans first, and don't want them seeing a catless downpipe...plus the downpipe I want is not available atm.

I am not a fan of the rear diffuser bits by velossa...I like the wing risers, and already have my own custom blue badges.

Thanks for the suggestions, Were in the "Hill Country" are you located?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Really depends on what you are looking to do with your car, do you want to mod the whole thing out and that's what you got to play with at the moment. Or is there a deffinate place where you want to stop, just improve power, handling, or the appreance?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ultimate goal for this car is 350+hp and a show build at the same time. I mainly made this to see if people had interesting ideas, or something that reminds me of something I once wanted to do. I want to either make the car faster or improve appearance to the point it at least calms the mod bug for a while. ;P

I had a thread about doing a partial wrap on the car but no one every replied to the idea, so I am still throwing that idea around (would cost ~$150). Also thought of getting some wheels but those are over the top end of what I have available to spend atm. I could do water/meth but I don't know how hard that install would be and what it would entail.

So just throw ideas out there, I am open and curious as to what people come up with.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you don't already, get a COBB AP. Totally worth the money. Performance wise, small add on, but huge night and day difference in the vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you don't already, get a COBB AP. Totally worth the money. Performance wise, small add on, but huge night and day difference in the vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol, damn tapatalk no letting you see my sig. I am stage 3 minus a downpipe.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now thats' no excuse for a intelligent college student to carefully plan out a trip and have some fun. You can always book plans a month or two out. But if you don't want to, no biggy.
It is harder as I am a senior in Mechanical Engineering, I spend most of my time doing that stuff, haven't gone on a vacation in years.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I am in college, so I don't have the time to fly across the US to do that...
You're in Texas, take a road trip to Salt Lake for some skiing with buddies and take a day for the class! Cheapest driver mod you will find. Even if you are a great driver, I am sure the pro's can teach you something that will make you faster or smoother with the car.

Reactions: Unfitproduct

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Nothing wrong in stepping out of you're comfert zone. If you need a vacation, i'd use the monies to go on vacation, we all deserve a bit of breathing room. Good luck with finding something good to do with you're money. :wink:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have two for you. Paint your wheels gold. Convert you headlights to Morimoto Mini's.
Would you recommend going with eagle headlights, like these? Or actually trying to convert the ST1 housings to the mini's? If the later, how long would something like that require, I have never tried to do a retrofit before, but have looked into them before.

I tried plastidip once, it is still stuck on the wheel, I love plastidip, but I need to figure out a way to get it off my wheel, I even used wd-40 to dissolve the old dip, worked well on parts, not so much on others. But I have thought about doing this again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know about the Eagle lights. I do know that Morimoto Mini's are great. It took maybe 20 hrs to do the total job. But the hardest part was opening the lites. I have opened a pair of VW lights and they were easy to do. Ford sealant is a different animal. I was nervous to do the job cause if I screwed up, OE lights are $750 each. yipes

·
Registered
228 Posts
Would you recommend going with eagle headlights, like these? Or actually trying to convert the ST1 housings to the mini's? If the later, how long would something like that require, I have never tried to do a retrofit before, but have looked into them before.

I tried plastidip once, it is still stuck on the wheel, I love plastidip, but I need to figure out a way to get it off my wheel, I even used wd-40 to dissolve the old dip, worked well on parts, not so much on others. But I have thought about doing this again.
To remove the dip, you have two good options: dip remover spray from their site or adhesive remover.

Dip remover, you spray and let sit for 10min, then spray again. 10 more minutes and it will pressure wash right off. Costs about $30.

Adhesive remover you spray on, wait 5, spray again and then wipe off with cheap Harbor Freight rags. Just be in a well vented area or you could retard yourself.

I vote water meth. You can spray through the ports on a throttle spacer plate. It will up the octane and keep your valves cleaner.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts