Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little background behind the question. I have a 2013 ST3 which has been great. As stated in a previous thread, I am currently shopping for a replacement. I was leaning to a Golf R, Audi A3/4, or possibly a lightly used 2 series. Not in love with any of these options, especially considering their costs, I am trying to give other manufactures a second look. One of those options would be another FORD. My ST has been fantastic in terms of reliability but all my complaints come from fit & finish issues and the general buggy nature of Ford's SYNC software. Has the newer iterations of SYNC improved? One of the issues I've always had was the radio will often just refuse to pair with my phone. This happens several times per week. Not a big deal but when this happens, SYNC will always default to an AM radio station am530 which is just real loud statice. I'll usually have to shut the car off and restart my car. Sometimes I will also have to cycle the bluetooth on the phone to get them top pair. Often times if I'm listening to a podcast or streaming music through my phone, recieving a phone call will sort of break the connection. When the phonecall ends, the audio from the phone won't play through the sync system anymore but will play from the phone itself, forcing me to switch to sat radio or pull over to shut off and restart the car.
This is the one thing that has me real hesitant to by another ford for a while. These relatively minor SYNC issues has been consistent through 3 different phones (although 2 were Motorolas)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Just do a tablet install.
Upgrading to SYNC 3 will cost you $1800 at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Just do a tablet install.
Upgrading to SYNC 3 will cost you $1800 at least.
hes not talking about upgrading from sync2 to sync3 in the same car.

he is talking about getting rid of his 2013 and possibly getting a new one and wanting to know if the new sync 3 system is any better than what he has now.

·
Registered
505 Posts
hes not talking about upgrading from sync2 to sync3 in the same car.

he is talking about getting rid of his 2013 and possibly getting a new one and wanting to know if the new sync 3 system is any better than what he has now.
Lol
Guess I should pay more attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, when selling this one, I'm wondering if Sync has improved any or is still buggy because that is almost enough on its own to not buy another ford.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Sync 3 is a fair amount better than MFT. I have MFT in my truck and Sync 3 on the focus, the sync3 is smoother, works better on it's own as far as connecting to things and in general looks cleaner. It isn't a life changer, but it is better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
5 days into my '17 and have had zero issues with the Sync 3. No issues connecting via BT or Carplay even when interrupted with a call/text/email it goes right back to what it was doing beforehand...but as I said I'm only 5 days and 300 miles into the car

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I have a 2015 Sync 2. Which I think is the same as your system.

I have never had any major difficulties like you described. Yes the occasional minor issue, but nothing so ongoing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts