Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

Just grabbed a 2017 ST3. Looking forward to soaking up the knowledge. Looking at the COBB Stage 3 kit for starters

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome! The Cobb Stage 3 kit is nice but can be pieced together using other brands for A LOT cheaper.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Welcome! The Cobb Stage 3 kit is nice but can be pieced together using other brands for A LOT cheaper.
Welcome, man. This. Do your wallet a favor and don't do that.. lol. I mean, the parts are good but waaay overpriced. Start out with an AP. I'd recommend buying one from a tuner like Stratified or Freektune (you can do more research on who you want to tune with) as they will usually provide an off-the-shelf tune when you purchase an Accessport for free.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
For sure start with an AP and a tuner who sets you up with "Lifetime Tunes" This way, as you modify, you can keep your car running at optimal for your setup.
There is a load of knowledgeable people on this site, I highly suggest flipping through some builds as some of the guys who are very knowledgeable have some DIYs that will save some money and build some pride.

The first thing you should do is look up what "Low-Speed Pre-Ignition (LSPI)" is then, never do that.

Cheers!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks is for all the suggestions. Boy was everyone here right! I lurked through all these forums. Current build is a cp fmi, turbosmart BOV (I know I know), steeda shift plate, greddy down, injen cat back, eibach pro springs and obviously an access port. Came in cheaper then the COBB. And with the spare funds I got a set of new wheels (well part of the spare funds). Everything gets installed in 3 weeks plus a dyno tune!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thanks is for all the suggestions. Boy was everyone here right! I lurked through all these forums. Current build is a cp fmi, turbosmart BOV (I know I know), steeda shift plate, greddy down, injen cat back, eibach pro springs and obviously an access port. Came in cheaper then the COBB. And with the spare funds I got a set of new wheels (well part of the spare funds). Everything gets installed in 3 weeks plus a dyno tune!
Well that didn't take you very long... Nice! lol let us know how you like it. Once it's tuned with those bolt-ons, it will be a whole new animal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts