Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got a ST2 2015, liking it alot so far. Less pep than I'm used to from bikes, but no helmet hair and better tunes! I'm around KW. Ontario, Canada.

The former owner had a Cobb on it (no longer with car) and a MBRP catback exhaust (which is still on it). I see they've replaced the FMIC hoses, but the FMIC is back to stock.

What is the easiest way to tell if they've done a Symposer delete or downpipe as well? I did an oil change, so the balance shaft delete wasn't done yet since oil fill capacity was on spec (makes sense since the turbo is stock). Thanks!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Look for the symposer at the front of the motor. Easy to spot just google a pic of the symposer for reference. As for the downpipe. Lift the car and look from underneath. The stock downpipe is super small and restrictive compared to the nicer aftermarket ones out there.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Look for the symposer at the front of the motor. Easy to spot just google a pic of the symposer for reference. As for the downpipe. Lift the car and look from underneath. The stock downpipe is super small and restrictive compared to the nicer aftermarket ones out there.
Exactly this.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
or downpipe as well? !
While I agree with the other posts regarding downpipe, I wouldn't call it "small" by any means because it is physically HUGE.

This image shows stock and typical aftermarket. Stock is the hideous top one, aftermarket is the pretty bottom one.

Automotive exhaust Auto part Catalytic converter Pipe Exhaust manifold

1 - 5 of 5 Posts