Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Keith-Treder-Ford-2-1024x683.jpg

Our Ford Engineering Team has been hard at work adding support for the 2017 model year vehicles and adding new features. This release includes world-wide support for the 2017 Focus ST and several custom “on the fly” adjustments. These include the ability to change between map slots, change Traction Control settings, adjust driving RPM limit, adjust Flat Foot Shifting RPM limit, and change Launch Control Rev limiter! All of this is now available with a simple firmware update!

Head over to the COBB Blog for all the details on this release!

[email protected]

·
Registered
613 Posts
Firmware updated fine. I also have Accesstuner but I am unable to update that. When I click help->release notes, it has a whole thing about the new version released today, but I get an error when I select Help->Updates->Check for updates. Pic below

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Got the update, but the v5.00 stage 1 map has 23 maps associated with it. Which one should I use?

Looks like 11 or 12 for a USDM 2014. Whats the difference between 49S and 50S?

EDIT:
Nm figured it out. You have to go in and see which map is applicable to your year. And in the case of mine, the 50S was grayed out and unavailable for me to load into the ECU.

Is there a way to "unzip" the ptp file and only copy over the maps we need?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Only 2017??? what about 2013?
COBB said:
Our Ford Engineering Team has been hard at work adding support for the 2017 model year vehicles and adding new features.
At first I read this as being for mostly 2017 vehicles as well, however if you read the wording carefully it states that they are adding support for 2017 and have made further enhancements. At least that is how I read it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yeah, I loaded a v500 map and all of the new on the fly adjustments are there.

I too downloaded a v500 map from cobb site and it was in that new retarded .ptp extension. I would recommend loading the v500 maps from the AP itself. Go to tune->restore OTS maps or something along those lines. Then I just deleted off the ones I don't care about.

·
Vendor
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the confusion. The release includes support for the 17 model year. The custom features are available to ALL model years.

The maps are now in "Map Packs." The details on how to use these are outlined here. But, with the Restore OTS Maps feature, there are few reasons to physically download any maps. After the firmware update, just go to "Tune" > "Restore OTS maps" and you'll have the v500 maps available to flash. Only the maps compatible with your specific vehicle will be shown.

[email protected]

·
Registered
67 Posts
You mention the Ford Team looking into 2017 model year vehicles. Is this ALL Ford models or just the Focus & Mustang?

I just picked up a 2017 Edge AWD with the new 2.0L eco with tow package. Starting to look into what might be available for it. Also any benefits a tune might provide.

·
Vendor
593 Posts
You mention the Ford Team looking into 2017 model year vehicles. Is this ALL Ford models or just the Focus & Mustang?

I just picked up a 2017 Edge AWD with the new 2.0L eco with tow package. Starting to look into what might be available for it. Also any benefits a tune might provide.
na fam cobb don't like us :\ 2016 ecoboost fusion here and I had to go SCT.

·
Vendor
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

The edge is not supported. Sorry for the bad news.

na fam cobb don't like us :\ 2016 ecoboost fusion here and I had to go SCT.
I'm sorry to hear that. I don't have the actual sales numbers in front of me but it was laughably low for the Fusion and it just didn't make sense to continue development to new model years. I hope the SCT device is working well for you.

[email protected]

·
Vendor
593 Posts
The edge is not supported. Sorry for the bad news.

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't have the actual sales numbers in front of me but it was laughably low for the Fusion and it just didn't make sense to continue development to new model years. I hope the SCT device is working well for you.

[email protected]
Kyle why do you hate us.

·
Vendor
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts