Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
2014 Focus ST3
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I had a Kia Forte SX with the same motor as a Veloster Turbo, so unfortunately I know all about LSPI. Thanks for the heads up though. I'll behave 馃榿

Premium Member
Welcome to the day you get your new car! ;)

Reactions: TurboGT

Registered
2014 Focus ST3
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Got the car, got it home late last night (4 hours each way to pick it up...) and I'm absolutely in love. That thing is gonna get me in trouble. :D

I'm fairly certain it has an aftermarket intercooler. When I get a chance I'll take some pictures. It doesn't look like factory welds or hose clamps on it, but the core doesn't seem very big for aftermarket either. It's silver, but then I'm not sure if the factory one is black or silver.

It absolutely has a BOV, the salesman said he was pretty sure it was a Turbosmart (he also drives an ST as did my finance guy). Looks like a muffler replacement, not a full catback. FSWerks full intake and AGS has been removed (which further leads me to believe the intercooler isn't stock.

I'm dealing with a popped stitch from a surgery a few weeks back, so the Recaros have been, uh, a bit of a challenge. I may, in the future, think about swapping for ST1 seats. I'm 6'2"/270, so they're not the most comfortable, but man they hug nicely.

I thought one of my first changes would be to get rid of the MFT system and upgrade to Sync3, but to this point I actually really like the MFT. Yeah, it's a little slow. Yeah, it doesn't always immediately connect to my phone, but for the most part it's been pretty solid (after 1 day...).

Overall, like I said, I'm absolutely in love with this thing. Performance Blue is even more striking in person!

Administrator
Got the car, got it home late last night (4 hours each way to pick it up...) and I'm absolutely in love. That thing is gonna get me in trouble. :D

I'm fairly certain it has an aftermarket intercooler. When I get a chance I'll take some pictures. It doesn't look like factory welds or hose clamps on it, but the core doesn't seem very big for aftermarket either. It's silver, but then I'm not sure if the factory one is black or silver.

It absolutely has a BOV, the salesman said he was pretty sure it was a Turbosmart (he also drives an ST as did my finance guy). Looks like a muffler replacement, not a full catback. FSWerks full intake and AGS has been removed (which further leads me to believe the intercooler isn't stock.

I'm dealing with a popped stitch from a surgery a few weeks back, so the Recaros have been, uh, a bit of a challenge. I may, in the future, think about swapping for ST1 seats. I'm 6'2"/270, so they're not the most comfortable, but man they hug nicely.

I thought one of my first changes would be to get rid of the MFT system and upgrade to Sync3, but to this point I actually really like the MFT. Yeah, it's a little slow. Yeah, it doesn't always immediately connect to my phone, but for the most part it's been pretty solid (after 1 day...).

Overall, like I said, I'm absolutely in love with this thing. Performance Blue is even more striking in person!
Performance Blurple. Is a great color.

Premium Member
I felt the same way about the Recaros at first. I did the mod that @Oldandintheway mentioned and it was night and day difference.
Link for the lazy:

It took me around 30 minutes to do the driver seat. The next weekend, I did the passenger in about 20 minutes. I'm 6'2" and a biggish guy. Wide shoulders, a bit overweight. My dad has the same build and said he felt the difference immediately.
TL;DR, mod the seats if you're big like me.

Registered
2014 Focus ST3
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I am DEFINITELY going to have to look into that mod. Sounds like a huge help.

I've been a bit absent, still dealing with a bad surgical recovery, but I did get to shoot a few pics last night. Not great, but they're mine :)

20210614_203748 (Medium).jpg
20210614_203737 (Medium).jpg

Looks like I get to find some foam... :)

Premium Member
I went without the foam, personally. Just sawzaw'd the plastic bits off, stuck them back into the bolsters so it would remain stiff and reassembled. Now the bolsters are straight, but they give when I sit.

Also, dear god I love the blue STs... I'd trade ST3 for a same year blue ST2 with similar mileage if the opportunity ever arose.

Registered
2014 Focus ST3
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I went without the foam, personally. Just sawzaw'd the plastic bits off, stuck them back into the bolsters so it would remain stiff and reassembled. Now the bolsters are straight, but they give when I sit.
Hmmm, in that case, I'll give that a shot first and if I decide I need extra padding, I'll go back and add the foam. Thanks!

Premium Member
Hmmm, in that case, I'll give that a shot first and if I decide I need extra padding, I'll go back and add the foam. Thanks!
Strongly recommend doing just the driver side first. Figure out if you like it that way before you waste your time on the passenger side. Or, if you have no passengers, leave it stock. Lol.

Super Moderator

Registered
2014 Focus ST3
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Gotta love the Blurrple!
Oh I do. It's what drew me to this particular ST. With the possible exception of Tangerine Scream, Performance Blue is my favorite ST color.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts