Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I've been thinking about doing a turbo back exhaust + Cobb accessport tune for my '13 focus st.
I am able to get my hands on a MBRP turbo back for around 1450$ *No tax* or a cobb turbo back for 1850 + tax.... (PLUS THE TUNE ALSO).

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? Is the COBB exhaust better than the MBRP? HELP ME PLEASE ;)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Whichever one has the larger diameter is functionally the better one. When most people ask about which exhaust is better they usually mean drone at cruising speed, I don't have an aftermarket exhaust yet so I can't speak on it, but turbo backs are essentially straight pipes so they will probably drone at highway speeds.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
This will be a very debatable thread. I have the MBRP and have had zero problems. I had a shop put it on and I have had no rattling, fitment, or other issues. I did develop a small leak in the rear muffler and had it welded up for $20 (USD). The Cobb is over priced IMHO. There are so many options for our cars. Do you need 3"? Are you looking for a specific sound?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This will be a very debatable thread. I have the MBRP and have had zero problems. I had a shop put it on and I have had no rattling, fitment, or other issues. I did develop a small leak in the rear muffler and had it welded up for $20 (USD). The Cobb is over priced IMHO. There are so many options for our cars. Do you need 3"? Are you looking for a specific sound?
Yeah I definitely want to go for a 3" pipe, and I'm not really looking for a specific sound just the best bang for my buck kind of deal...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Best bang for your buck is probably the MBRP or Roush.

Sent from Hoth Rebel Base

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cpe downpipe and cobb catback, I love it. Its loud most of the time, but you can be quiet if you want/try. Sounds great though when you open it up. Exhaust is super subjective though, suggest watching videos and getting an idea of the sound for each one.

As far as whats better, its all metal pipe. The may be variation to size, but it should all flow similarly if its aftermarket. Assuming its not ebay special.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went MBRP. I think its a good exhaust for the money and for me I couldn't handle having a droning exhaust. But i've seen pics of other exhausts and they're better looking and probably better quality. But i've had 0 issues so far and its my daily driver so I couldn't stomach paying $1000 for an exhaust. Just take your time lining everything up so you don't get rattles or rubbing and get better 2 bolt clamps cause the ones that MBRP come with aren't very good if you go that route. Good Luck!

Reactions: HBGeek

·
Registered
279 Posts
the Mountune sounds amazing at WOT. at idle and cruise speeds its like stock. you can get a bundle deal of the sports cat and exhaust for less thatn USD $900. top notch quality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts