·
Registered
2016 OW ST3 basically stock.... minus the Steeda Fusion FMIC
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
Did a little reading and that sounds like a badass tune! I was however curious if there are any reputable companies out there that work with the SCT x4?? I have one laying around that I used on my Fusion
Monster recently posted on here that they can do the adapt-x tune on the sct x4. this will probably be one of my next purchases.

unleashed has a great tune as well. i’ve been running it for the past 2 years. the customer service seems unbeatable and the tune has been great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Monster recently posted on here that they can do the adapt-x tune on the sct x4. this will probably be one of my next purchases.

unleashed has a great tune as well. i’ve been running it for the past 2 years. the customer service seems unbeatable and the tune has been great.
Thanks for the response! I'll definitely be looking into the adapt-x or unleashed

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST3
61 Posts
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Black Automotive design

Nothing to the ST today but was working on my wife’s ‘13 Escape and I saw this plug in there I hadn’t noticed before… anyone know what that would be for? Also, her car is lagging under acceleration. If anybody has any ideas about that I would appreciate it. The spark plugs are original and it has 95k miles so changing those, cleaned air filter today, and looking into MAF sensor cleaning. Thanks guy

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
2,804 Posts
View attachment 404125

Nothing to the ST today but was working on my wife’s ‘13 Escape and I saw this plug in there I hadn’t noticed before… anyone know what that would be for? Also, her car is lagging under acceleration. If anybody has any ideas about that I would appreciate it. The spark plugs are original and it has 95k miles so changing those, cleaned air filter today, and looking into MAF sensor cleaning. Thanks guy
Wow, I would say a glow plug, but no diesels here.
Any chance it had a cold package with a block heater and battery jacket or something?

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST3
61 Posts
Wow, I would say a glow plug, but no diesels here.
Any chance it had a cold package with a block heater and battery jacket or something?
that was my initial thought too but I haven’t seen anything like that. It’s the 1.6 L eco-boost so I’m not sure what the purpose of that would be. I’ll see what Google says.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
⬆⬆ what he said lmao. Definitely a block heater plug.
I really had to stifle the urge to make a joke about it being down on power cause it's a 1.6😂 2.0 swap??
Now onto the real advice lmao

Sounds like you're on the right track. Those plugs definitely need to go @95k! Mine were worn the hell out with 60k on em lol. And just fyi there is no MAF to clean on these engines. It's all pressure/speed density based.
If you're still having problems after that you might consider peeking @ ur intake valves, they very well could be caked up

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST3
61 Posts
⬆⬆ what he said lmao. Definitely a block heater plug.
I really had to stifle the urge to make a joke about it being down on power cause it's a 1.6😂 2.0 swap??
Now onto the real advice lmao

Sounds like you're on the right track. Those plugs definitely need to go @95k! Mine were worn the hell out with 60k on em lol. And just fyi there is no MAF to clean on these engines. It's all pressure/speed density based.
If you're still having problems after that you might consider peeking @ ur intake valves, they very well could be caked up
lol thanks for the advice! Definitely not a 2.0 swap lmao this thing is slower than sh!t. I’ll start with the plugs and go from there.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,253 Posts
lol thanks for the advice! Definitely not a 2.0 swap lmao this thing is slower than sh!t. I’ll start with the plugs and go from there.
Obviously the spark plugs is necessary now, so go ahead and change those.

Otherwise, any boost of fuel trim related codes? If not, you could just be experiencing the normal horsepower loss due to this 80+ degree air we've be having in this region.

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST3
61 Posts
Obviously the spark plugs is necessary now, so go ahead and change those.

Otherwise, any boost of fuel trim related codes? If not, you could just be experiencing the normal horsepower loss due to this 80+ degree air we've be having in this region.
spark plugs are getting done today. And it doesn’t feel like a loss of horsepower as much as hesitation with acceleration. It feels like the engine is cutting in and out when on the throttle. I didn’t know if the escape had the same issues with the intercooler as the focus does.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,253 Posts
spark plugs are getting done today. And it doesn’t feel like a loss of horsepower as much as hesitation with acceleration. It feels like the engine is cutting in and out when on the throttle. I didn’t know if the escape had the same issues with the intercooler as the focus does.
The 1.6 models do have transmission issues...

Get the plugs done first though, let us know if that changes anything before we go down that rabbit hole.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts