Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,095 Posts
Triple check the throttle body connector, It is easy to miss and can come loose if not clipped in. I recently cleaned my intake valves and had this same issue at 1:30 in the morning. It was the throttle body connector. Also verify all vacuum hoses are connected.
And...Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: sttwoton

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Triple check the throttle body connector, It is easy to miss and can come loose if not clipped in. I recently cleaned my intake valves and had this same issue at 1:30 in the morning. It was the throttle body connector. Also verify all vacuum hoses are connected.
And...Welcome to the forum!
I un did and re did it all, gonna fire it up here in a min n see what happens. And thanks.

· Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,095 Posts
Strange, how many miles on it? Could be the throttle body is stuck and needs to be cleaned. Many things it could be. Do you have something to check the codes? There are a bunch of guys on here who know more than me, hopefully they chime in.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Strange, how many miles on it? Could be the throttle body is stuck and needs to be cleaned. Many things it could be. Do you have something to check the codes? There are a bunch of guys on here who know more than me, hopefully they chime in.
Just hit 95k miles. Everything was fine, runnin good no issues prior

· Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,095 Posts
Definitely have to check to see what codes are there, that will point you in the right direction.

· Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
1,712 Posts
It sounds like you may have cracked the crappy plastic inlet to crank case pipe, or maybe the connector, you’ll have to remove it again, to clean the valves and fit a catch can, which will do away with the plastic pipe anyway.

· Registered
546 Posts
Just hit 95k miles. Everything was fine, runnin good no issues prior
Tell us what codes you have. Knowing this will make a big difference.

Still sounds like something got damaged from cracking that thing open unfortunately.

When I did a series of mods on my car, as soon as I turned it on I got a CEL and some awful throttle response. Fortunately, I had a scanner so I pulled the code and was able to sort out the diagnostics steps from using forum posts here.

Turned out that a connector I thought was connected wasn't really connected. Unplugged it and replugged it and it STILL wouldn't work. Turns out I just didn't get it to clamp together enough and on the fourth try, it snapped together. Had to reset the ECU but once I did, all was well again.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well ****, now it just starts and then dies
Tell us what codes you have. Knowing this will make a big difference.

Still sounds like something got damaged from cracking that thing open unfortunately.

When I did a series of mods on my car, as soon as I turned it on I got a CEL and some awful throttle response. Fortunately, I had a scanner so I pulled the code and was able to sort out the diagnostics steps from using forum posts here.

Turned out that a connector I thought was connected wasn't really connected. Unplugged it and replugged it and it STILL wouldn't work. Turns out I just didn't get it to clamp together enough and on the fourth try, it snapped together. Had to reset the ECU but once I did, all was well again.
I cant find my code reader, idk where tf it is

· Registered
586 Posts
A slew of codes that just pop up after maintenance is often an electrical problem. Perhaps a blown MIDI fuse or a ground that has lost contact. Check the No Key Detected thread:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts