Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone?

I just bought a Kona Blue 2016 ST this past Wednesday. And had already curbed a rim at Taco Bell 4 hours after leaving the dealership =(
But I already love the car so much more than my 03 Mazda Protege5 I've been driving for 8 years! lol

I'm going to hold off on any performance mods until I break the car in and learn to drive it.

I do want to do the wing risers and short shifter really soon (especially since Boomba has their sale until Tuesday).

I've been researching for many hours over the past few days. The wing risers, I think I'll go with Boomba over the Velossa Tech. But which color would look best on the Kona Blue?

And the shifter combos have me drowning! It looks like the Boomba lever with the Breedt arm? And should I just get both sets of Boomba bushings to make it all easy (especially while they're 15% off)? And last question for now, is that boomba trans adapter plate worth getting with this? I haven't seen anybody mentioning that with their Breedt Arm/Boomba Lever combos.

Anyway, thanks in advance! Hoping to meet up with people in the NJ/NY/PA area soon.

- Mike

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hey welcome aboard, glad to hear you are loving the car. It sounds like you have been looking around on here already with all the mods you have in mind.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Welcome.

I went with the Boomba Short Shifter w/o the shifting plate. There are people that love the combo but I thought it was overkill. If you do the short shifter go ahead and do the bushings - the short shifter install takes some time so it's worth doing the bushings.

·
Administrator
10,656 Posts
What's up everyone?

I just bought a Kona Blue 2016 ST this past Wednesday. And had already curbed a rim at Taco Bell 4 hours after leaving the dealership =(
But I already love the car so much more than my 03 Mazda Protege5 I've been driving for 8 years! lol

I'm going to hold off on any performance mods until I break the car in and learn to drive it.

I do want to do the wing risers and short shifter really soon (especially since Boomba has their sale until Tuesday).

I've been researching for many hours over the past few days. The wing risers, I think I'll go with Boomba over the Velossa Tech. But which color would look best on the Kona Blue?

And the shifter combos have me drowning! It looks like the Boomba lever with the Breedt arm? And should I just get both sets of Boomba bushings to make it all easy (especially while they're 15% off)? And last question for now, is that boomba trans adapter plate worth getting with this? I haven't seen anybody mentioning that with their Breedt Arm/Boomba Lever combos.

Anyway, thanks in advance! Hoping to meet up with people in the NJ/NY/PA area soon.

- Mike
Welcome aboard!!

If only someone made a sticky about all the current shifter options, maybe in the performance section of the forum...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I think I'll go with Boomba over the Velossa Tech. But which color would look best on the Kona Blue?

For the wing risers. I's suggest black... Keeps it clean, and simple. :big smile:

For the shifter.. Here's what i would consider, the ultimate setup. :cool2:

- Boomba Short Throw Shifter
- Breedt Shift Arm (you cant add a boomba shift plate to an aftermarket arm, that only works for the stock application)
- Boomba Transmission Bracket Bushings
- Boomba Shifter Base Bushings
- Solid Cable End Bushing (see link provided)
SOLID SHIFT CABLE BUSHING UPGRADE FOR FORD FOCUS ST 2012-Present | eBay

That entire setup, will DRASTICALLY change your shifting experience, and you'll be more than pleased with it! Than again, that's just MY opinion.

·
Administrator
10,656 Posts
For the wing risers. I's suggest black... Keeps it clean, and simple. :big smile:

For the shifter.. Here's what i would consider, the ultimate setup. :cool2:

- Boomba Short Throw Shifter
- Breedt Shift Arm (you cant add a boomba shift plate to an aftermarket arm, that only works for the stock application)
- Boomba Transmission Bracket Bushings
- Boomba Shifter Base Bushings
- Solid Cable End Bushing (see link provided)
SOLID SHIFT CABLE BUSHING UPGRADE FOR FORD FOCUS ST 2012-Present | eBay

That entire setup, will DRASTICALLY change your shifting experience, and you'll be more than pleased with it! Than again, that's just MY opinion.

If you went TWM arm instead of breedt it would cut it down even more...

Hopefully you are running a 500 plus gram knob to even it out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I got the boomba lever and bushings (as well as the wing risers while the sale was going on). I'm going to hold off on the breedt arm and a new knob for a little bit. But this should hold me over for a couple weeks!

·
Super Moderator
8,538 Posts
So I got the boomba lever and bushings (as well as the wing risers while the sale was going on). I'm going to hold off on the breedt arm and a new knob for a little bit. But this should hold me over for a couple weeks!
If you would like a heavy weight shift knob that will smooth out your shifts after all the shortening and stiffening, check out @AnarchyMotive. I have the 671 gm and it works very nicely. https://anarchy-motive.myshopify.com/

Reactions: rkaisher08

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the ST! Sucks that you curbed your rim. If I were you I would take it to your local dealer (or call) and see when their wheel guy will be there and if you can set up an appointment to get it repaired. Those guys will usually repair any curb rash for a flat $50 or so, so it's not the end of the world. I hadn't curbed a wheel in years and I've done it twice in this car in less than a year, I don't know why my car loves curbs so much, it feels like it just has to give them a kiss every once in a while. :sad:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome and congrats on the ST! Sucks that you curbed your rim. If I were you I would take it to your local dealer (or call) and see when their wheel guy will be there and if you can set up an appointment to get it repaired. Those guys will usually repair any curb rash for a flat $50 or so, so it's not the end of the world. I hadn't curbed a wheel in years and I've done it twice in this car in less than a year, I don't know why my car loves curbs so much, it feels like it just has to give them a kiss every once in a while. :sad:
Thanks! That's a good idea to call the dealer, I'll see what they can do. There was a little nick/chip on the driver door above the handle that I noticed the morning after I bought it - I texted the sales rep and he said they would take care of it. But I have yet to hear back from him since then. That was not my fault, so it's on them. But I wouldn't mind paying 50 bucks to have that rim fixed.
And twice in a year isn't as bad as once in 4 hours hahaha.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I lightly curbed a rim at Taco Bell as well...TACO BELL HATES OUR CARS!!!! :mad:
Er... perhaps that is a sign that you should avoid that place dude. Matter of fact, I can't think of any good reason to ever eat there :p

@OP: Welcome! You'll love that car, guaranteed!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts