Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
230 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I kinda like the red on your rear defuser, much better than the basic black how it comes!
Yah it's makes it stand out. I also have it on the figs and grill that you can't tell to much in the pics.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Definitely like the red lines on the rear. Did you do that or someone else? If I didn't have a silver one, I'd totally steal that idea.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definitely like the red lines on the rear. Did you do that or someone else? If I didn't have a silver one, I'd totally steal that idea.
Thanks yah I did it myself. Haha might still look Good, I also have the front done I'll post a better pics later....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome aboard. I assume by your name you have or had a '12 WRX at some point?

I too just got my first focus ('17 picked it up last Tuesday). I've been wanting to do some accent paint here and there and was going to hit the front like you did. However the rear never came to me like that...great idea!!! What paint (brand) did you use? Its been awhile since I've painted plastics.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks yah I had a 12 wrx and traded that for a 15 arc gave that to my wife. Now I drive the st.

Nice how you liking it? Had mines for about 3 months now I believe. It's not painted it's vinyl from premium auto. I just bought it online and did it myself.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks yah I had a 12 wrx and traded that for a 15 arc gave that to my wife. Now I drive the st.

Nice how you liking it? Had mines for about 3 months now I believe. It's not painted it's vinyl from premium auto. I just bought it online and did it myself.

I'm really enjoying the ST. Already have the AP and the Cobb OTS Stage 1 map. Waiting for Stratifed to send me their tune, should get it next week. About to snatch up a intercooler, followed by a downpipe, then get ready for a big turbo upgrade early next year. Just the Cobb tune really woke this thing up. I remember how well our WRX' did with tunes and mods (mine was stage 2 when it got totaled) and was excited that the ST woke up like it did. I have read a lot that said the Cobb tune was crap and really doesn't help much, however the Stratified tune is suppose to be the cats meow...we will see.

Ill have to look premium auto up. So it being vinyl, is it a cut and stick application? Oh yeah, what's an ARC?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm really enjoying the ST. Already have the AP and the Cobb OTS Stage 1 map. Waiting for Stratifed to send me their tune, should get it next week. About to snatch up a intercooler, followed by a downpipe, then get ready for a big turbo upgrade early next year. Just the Cobb tune really woke this thing up. I remember how well our WRX' did with tunes and mods (mine was stage 2 when it got totaled) and was excited that the ST woke up like it did. I have read a lot that said the Cobb tune was crap and really doesn't help much, however the Stratified tune is suppose to be the cats meow...we will see.

Ill have to look premium auto up. So it being vinyl, is it a cut and stick application? Oh yeah, what's an ARC?
Yah same here I had my 12 wrx stage 1 and got the 15 wrx and just left it stock. Spell check put arc but I meant wrx that my wife drives now. I have mines all stock for now but I enjoy driving the st more that's for sure. What kind of wrx did you Have? So do you feel a big difference with the ap? You running a intake?

Yah pretty much stick and cut really easy...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yah same here I had my 12 wrx stage 1 and got the 15 wrx and just left it stock. Spell check put arc but I meant wrx that my wife drives now. I have mines all stock for now but I enjoy driving the st more that's for sure. What kind of wrx did you Have? So do you feel a big difference with the ap? You running a intake?

Yah pretty much stick and cut really easy...

It was just a base silver sedan, no spoiler. I usually keep it simple when I get cars. I can say I felt more of a change on the ST with the cobb OTS Stage 1 map then I did on the WRX. Then again it could be a mind thing as most post I have read around here say the Cobb map leaves a lot to be desired and every one over at NASIOC (WRX Forum) made a big hop-la about the cobb stage 1 map. I am bone stock other then the AP. The turbo spools much faster and pulls really nice. Its honestly a day and night difference. Most of my driving is at 1/4-1/3 throttle. The stock setup left quiet a bit to be desired in this throttle range. The Cobb Stage 1 map has completely changed that. Boost comes on quick and strong and pulls great all the way up to about 5K (I haven't gone past that RPM with the Cobb map...yet). I should say I've only done two WOT pulls (1st thru 3rd) and that was on the stock setup. The Cobb Stage 1 seems to pull damn near as good at the 1/4-1/3 throttle range then the WOT pulls while stock. It has definitely taken the fun factor from "sweet, I really like this car" to "HELL YEA, that's what I'm talking about!!!!"

Did you just buy a sheet of the vinyl and then make templates for what you needed to cut? If so, what size sheet did you get?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh okay interesting. Yah I'm not much of a big modder but that ap is tempting tho.

No it's more of like a red 3m tape. It's already pre cut that small for you already.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts