Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My name's George, I drive a 2014 Tangerine Scream focus ST3. It's my first day here on the forum and I'm not quite sure how this all works yet. Don't have any serious mods just a few bolt ons and minor changes:
Cobb rear motor mount
turbosmart blow off valve
Cobb intake
Roof is wrapped matte black
1552 19 by 8.5 tarmac R43 Wheels (seem to be pretty uncommon on a focus)
Cobb access port V3
Cobb stage 1 93 octane tune.

If anyone has any questions about me or my car feel free to ask.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hey guys. My name's George, I drive a 2014 Tangerine Scream focus ST3. It's my first day here on the forum and I'm not quite sure how this all works yet. Don't have any serious mods just a few bolt ons and minor changes:
Cobb rear motor mount
turbosmart blow off valve
Cobb intake
Roof is wrapped matte black
1552 19 by 8.5 tarmac R43 Wheels (seem to be pretty uncommon on a focus)
Cobb access port V3
Cobb stage 1 93 octane tune.

If anyone has any questions about me or my car feel free to ask.
How long have you been running the Cobb tune? Given any thought to using a different tuner?

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Welcome to the community :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had it for over a year and 20k miles. Haven't seen any tuners that can do what the Cobb accessport can. Plus I plan on buying mostly cobb parts and it comes with pre installed tunes for all of their stage kits.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the community :)
Thanks man, quick question for you, when you first installed the CP-e motor mount did your car shake when it was idling with the A/C on?
That happened to me when I first put in the Cobb RMM but it went away after a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
536 Posts
They pretty much all shake, because of the stiffer bushing

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Thanks man, quick question for you, when you first installed the CP-e motor mount did your car shake when it was idling with the A/C on?
That happened to me when I first put in the Cobb RMM but it went away after a few thousand miles.
Yeah you will get vibration when going to an upgraded motor mount from stock. Also what @closedeyesopenedmind said, I think he was referring to using a different person that does tunes. Not a different device. I would say a large majority of us are using the COBB APV3 but we all have tunes from Stratified(what I run), Freektune, etc. Going from a OTS tune over to a custom tune is a complete night and day difference and I can guarantee that you will not regret it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah you will get vibration when going to an upgraded motor mount from stock. Also what @closedeyesopenedmind said, I think he was referring to using a different person that does tunes. Not a different device. I would say a large majority of us are using the COBB APV3 but we all have tunes from Stratified(what I run), Freektune, etc. Going from a OTS tune over to a custom tune is a complete night and day difference and I can guarantee that you will not regret it.
Yeah I thought that might be what he meant. I don't think I've done enough to it yet to warrant a custom tune. After I get a FMIC and a new exhaust ill look into it.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
With the A/C on she will shake, but I don't mind it. People pay far more for vibrating/massaging seats :wink:

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Sounds like a good start on mods. Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
Love the black roof. If i didnt have a black car, i would wrap the roof the black too.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've had it for over a year and 20k miles. Haven't seen any tuners that can do what the Cobb accessport can. Plus I plan on buying mostly cobb parts and it comes with pre installed tunes for all of their stage kits.
I have an accessport also. Love it. But I'm running the actual tune created by another company through it. The cobb tunes were better than stock. There are other companies that do "better than better" and most will probably argue safer as well. Just a thought

1 - 15 of 15 Posts