Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to the FocusST.org forum from Connecticut. Picked up a 2014 ST with 6400 miles on it. It's a black on black ST3 with all options except the grey Rado wheels with painted calipers. It came with an aftermarket set of Sport Edition wheels and all season tires. The factory snow flakes were taken off when the car was new and I have them in bags with the lugs. Replaced the all seasons with new Bridgestone Blizzak WS80's for snow as the all seasons didn't do well at all in the snow.

Overall I really like the ST so far, I had a 2013 SHO that was fast too, but the ST is nimble and quick and I like having a stick again. The Recaro leather seats aren't the most comfortable seats, but I'm getting used to them.

I'd like to do a flash tune, but not sure which one to go with. Livernois has a nice 103 HP tune, but seems a lot of you use COBB, so any suggestions would be helpful.

Some pics:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Hatchback Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Rim Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Welcome! Car looks good, I like the wheels that came with it. Don't shy away from stratified a lot of people are very happy with their custom tunes.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Thanks! Sounds like you can use the COBB with other tunes like Stratified?
Yeah, the Cobb AP3 comes with some off the shelf tunes, then you can get customized ones. Stratified uses the Cobb AP3 to tune also, so if you buy an AP3 I am pretty sure it comes with stock tunes, then if you want a custom one you can have Cobb, stratified, freektune, panda and a few others make you one that will work on the AP3 along with the ones that come loaded on it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like COBB may be the most open way to go. Any info on the Livernois tunes?

Yeah, the Cobb AP3 comes with some off the shelf tunes, then you can get customized ones. Stratified uses the Cobb AP3 to tune also, so if you buy an AP3 I am pretty sure it comes with stock tunes, then if you want a custom one you can have Cobb, stratified, freektune, panda and a few others make you one that will work on the AP3 along with the ones that come loaded on it.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Sounds like COBB may be the most open way to go. Any info on the Livernois tunes?
Livernois has a great rep on the f-150 forum and some others, but they are little known here and don't use the Cobb AP3. This would leave you SOL if you weren't happy with it. The cobb is the most open and versatile like you said. I think the cobb also reads more info and gives your more info than the livernois would, if I recall correctly the livernois is just a flash tune really without monitoring ability. I think they'd be fine, but there really is not enough evidence for me to say with 100% confidence and I don't want to put you in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Appreciate the honesty, looks like the COBB V3 is the way to go, especially like you said if I'm not happy with a specific tuner. Thanks again for the help and info!

Livernois has a great rep on the f-150 forum and some others, but they are little known here and don't use the Cobb AP3. This would leave you SOL if you weren't happy with it. The cobb is the most open and versatile like you said. I think the cobb also reads more info and gives your more info than the livernois would, if I recall correctly the livernois is just a flash tune really without monitoring ability. I think they'd be fine, but there really is not enough evidence for me to say with 100% confidence and I don't want to put you in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts