Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So hello! I'm not really the most talkative person, and rarely post unless I either know, or have a question...but I figured I'd say hello! I'm coming from an 09' Dodge Caliber SRT-4 that was tuned (331 hp, 317lbs torque) but was horrible to drive. Seriously, horrible. So, this is a very welcome change, for me and my wife. Looking forward to learning, troubleshooting, and eventually, working on, my ST3.

If anyone's in Tampa and wants to get together to BS over beers or whatever, let me know!

-JR

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I think you will be very pleased with the good people of this forum. There is a lot of wisdom sprinkled about. You will find the moderators all to be individuals with a history in the ST platform. I have been around this forum for quite a while and my build would not be where it is without this forum and I have made some lasting friendships. Can't help out with a beer in Tampa but if you ever get to the Central Coast of CA, the first beer is on me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good to me. I'm hoping for much better with this forum than the last one I was one with the caliber. I won't name bash, or anything...but let's just say it was super clique-ish and made for a not great environment in my opinion with a single vendor pretty much dictating how the forums ran.

Anyway, glad to be here, and if I do make it out there...I won't hesitate to take you up on that offer! :D

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
We have lots of variety in aftermarket choices for the ST so you won't run into too much of that here. Obviously people have preferences but there are multiple top-tier brands for most products, which allows for healthy arguments and discussions. You'll have to go big turbo to get the HP numbers back up to your dodge but you can get 290 with some bolt ons and the torque will be higher than your dodge. Depending on how/where you drive torque might help more than HP anyways.

·
Administrator
11,830 Posts
So hello! I'm not really the most talkative person, and rarely post unless I either know, or have a question...but I figured I'd say hello! I'm coming from an 09' Dodge Caliber SRT-4 that was tuned (331 hp, 317lbs torque) but was horrible to drive. Seriously, horrible. So, this is a very welcome change, for me and my wife. Looking forward to learning, troubleshooting, and eventually, working on, my ST3.

If anyone's in Tampa and wants to get together to BS over beers or whatever, let me know!

-JR
Welcome Aboard!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I'll post some pics tomorrow! We've had like, non-stop rain the last few weeks in Florida. I'll try to get some today and post! Also, I'm very glad to hear about plenty of products, so as to not have fanboy/girls to one company. I'm not really looking to make big numbers until the warranty runs out, same as I did with my caliber srt-4.

I'm just happy to be in something nice, and it's really, really nice. :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Pics of the caliber too! There's always been something about them that was intriguing to me with how they look and that it's a turbo 4cyl SUV. What made it horrible to drive? Was it just an overpowered SUV and drove like a tank?

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
651 Posts
What made the Caliber so bad, i've always liked them so I'm genuinely curious.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
What made the Caliber so bad, i've always liked them so I'm genuinely curious.
I believe they are regarded as basically sailing the USS Constitution down the street. Boats.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Yea, drove around a built SRT Caliber.
Fast as all get out but I definitely felt it needed a large captains wheel rather than the steering wheel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
10399870_231031715606_6314160_n.jpg 10399870_231031725606_4120587_n.jpg 10399870_231031730606_2783376_n.jpg So these are of the Cali...Really, what it came down to wasn't how big it was. It handled poorly, the sunroof continually leaked even after doing the 'fix' to it and changing the seal. The one positive was it was incredibly easy to work on. But the cheap plastic feel of the interior, along with the poor ride quality (aftermarket coilovers changed nothing about this...was crappy before...and after them) just made it not a car I could fall in love with. It did well for 8 years. RIP cali! lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its a beautiful day in Florida...so maybe pictures of Faye will come later today. Just have to clean some bugs off first.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Stuck it out for 8 years, musta had some strong feelings for Cali if it wasn't love!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts