Ford Focus ST Forum banner
301 - 320 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
Looking at the fswerks intake so I can keep the stock airbox... but I'm going to leave the stock intake for now and do a comparison once BT is in.

Ordered the exhaust reducer @TurboGT recommended, and bought a GOOD silicone 90 from HPS.

Working on the fuff parts and probably to going replace the SD with the new kit from @Damond Motorsports

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
I wasn't thinking when I ordered this... the BNR has a cast 90 for the inlet , so I dont need a silicone 90, just a straight 3" coupler
Shoe Light Automotive design Personal protective equipment Automotive lighting
... this will be going up for sale.

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·
Anyone running the xdi 35 or Evo hpfp and 2000cc injectors? I'm about to pull the trigger but wanted some input from someone running this setup.

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,971 Posts
Anyone running the xdi 35 or Evo hpfp and 2000cc injectors? I'm about to pull the trigger but wanted some input from someone running this setup.
Naw, I just ran 630ccx4 aux fuel. I am not for expanding the DI, I like dual injection. Never had any issues with it.

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 · (Edited)
So it looks like I will be forced to make a new cross member to fit the cutout and package it close to the downpipe, so it doesnt hang below the car. There just isn't enough room to fit the cutout and access the hanger retainer bracket bolts.

I will fixture the oem crossmember and make a jig for the new one.. so if anyone is interested in a fabricated crossmember, it will give you much more clearance to fit a cutout without it potentially getting ripped off the car, along with added rigidity to the unibody.

It will be 1.25" x .065 tig welded mild steel round tube, or chromoly 4130 with tube pocket bolt captures, picking up on the stock mount points. Cost will be around 200 bucks powdercoated black for the mild steel version if anyone interested. I'll get this knocked out during the turbo install first week of October. If there's enough interest, I'll do a run of about 25 of them. The more interest , the cheaper they will be, especially if I can powdercoat them all at once.

·
Super Moderator
12,439 Posts
So it looks like I will be forced to make a new cross member to fit the cutout and package it close to the downpipe, so it doesnt hang below the car. There just isn't enough room to fit the cutout and access the hanger retaining bracket bolts.

I will fixture the oem crossmember and make a jig for the new one.. so if anyone is interested in a fabricated crossmember, it will give you much more clearance to fit a cutout without it potentially getting ripped off the car, along with added rigidity to the unibody.

It will be 1.25" x .065 tig welded mild steel round tube, or chromoly 4130 with tube pocket bolt captures, picking up on the stock mount points. Cost will be around 200 bucks powdercoated black for the mild steel version if anyone interested. I'll get this knocked out during the turbo install first week of October. If there's enough interest, I'll do a run of about 25 of them. The more interest , the cheaper they will be, especially if I can powdercoat them all at once.
OCD (Ollie's Custom Design) used to make what he called a "Crack Pipe"; a down pipe with a cut out. That would probably resolve any clearance issues, but I'm guessing you already have your parts in hand.

·
Registered
266 Posts
So it looks like I will be forced to make a new cross member to fit the cutout and package it close to the downpipe, so it doesnt hang below the car. There just isn't enough room to fit the cutout and access the hanger retaining bracket bolts.

I'm interested.

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #320 ·
OCD (Ollie's Custom Design) used to make what he called a "Crack Pipe"; a down pipe with a cut out. That would probably resolve any clearance issues, but I'm guessing you already have your parts in hand.
Good looking out
It hangs down way too low for my peace of mind,...the product itself is very clean, but it requires a 3" exhaust and gets welded in line.. I'm still running factory exhaust

301 - 320 of 351 Posts