Ford Focus ST Forum banner
281 - 300 of 351 Posts

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,971 Posts
I've decided to abandon this build thread, and just create new threads for every single question and derp comment, relevant or not. But I will also answer my own questions in all the new threads I create to destroy your search indexing on this site
This guy gets it!

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
On a more serious note, I am buying the last little odds and ends.. I need a coupler for the inlet of the turbo... that is 3". I am running a stock intake... is that 2.5" or 2.25?

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,971 Posts
On a more serious note, I am buying the last little odds and ends.. I need a coupler for the inlet of the turbo... that is 3". I am running a stock intake... is that 2.5" or 2.25?
Its 9001mm

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,334 Posts
Just went down and measured my stock intake. 2.5 inches.

I recommend hooking it up this way.

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
Just went down and measured my stock intake. 2.5 inches.

I recommend hooking it up this way.

BRILLIANT, you're a peach, thank you

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
Is anyone running oem mud flaps? Really struggling to find a set and the Ford ones are backordered and don't appear to be st compatible? Halp! Don't want the road armor garbage for that price.

Rather pay for molded than a piece of waterjet cut hdpe

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
Is it a different splash shield altogether? Front section or mid (rear) section? Are you replacing a broken one?
It just has a cutout for the oil filter and drain.

There is an aftermarket one for a little more that is plastic and has more cutouts too

Rectangle Font Pattern Auto part Electric blue
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle
no

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
Very curious on your thoughts now and after install.

same! Im going to order a manual boost controller, because i have no idea what spring pressure is. no instructions, no labeling , straight off the boat from china (seriously) lol. for 98 bucks aint gonna complain. cant wait to see how it welds.

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
Anyone have any pics of a woosh dp installed? Specifically looking at clearance between the lower hanger bracket and end of downpipe, don't need much room but I want to Weld a v band at the bottom of the bend in the downpipe and plumb the cutout to dump right there. Then I don't have to cut up the stock exhaust, and I'm only into this thing less than 200 bucks with a pair of v bands, a 3" stainless turn down section, and the cutout.

Still need to order the fuff stuff, lines and fitting for catch cans, Coolant, oil, thermal line covers, and an airlift Coolant vac.

Won't be doing the install until september.

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
I think it will fit fine after staring at this pic i found on the interweb. Bought the parts to fab it up, finally I get to actually fabricate something on this car! Will stub out the v band flange about 1.5 inches off the dp, the. Vband to cutout, and a simple 3-4" turndown facing off to the side
Product Automotive tire Automotive lighting Camera accessory Bicycle part
Font Line Screenshot Tool Auto part
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille Automotive design

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #300 ·
triggered a p0299 underboost code this morning on the way to work. It is extremely humid, so im going to assume the map sensor just got a bunch of condensation in the element... you guys experience this? will check tip vs map and wgdc later today to verify its not the flapper... not that i care with the BT going in soon, but if thats it ill have ford fix it so i have a fresh turbo to put it back to stock when i sell it.

281 - 300 of 351 Posts