2018 HPR ST1
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
I've waited almost two months for my turbo, Issac at edge said it supposed to ship this week. The anticipation is killing me. Most likely will be sexually violating the internal wastegate orifice upon arrival. Let's be realistic, inlet and exhaust housing would be a hotdog in a hallway.

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
120 degrees in vegas today, car was hating life in traffic with the ac on, stop and go car was wanting to almost stall out with the idle drops. Guess I should hop on getting that fuff 2.5 done.

Kinda funny the car still has factory warranty and ford tells me this is normal and won't replace squat.

I also wish I had ordered my bnr directly from Bryan. Still hasn't shipped from edge 😕.

Side note I found a much better easier access spot for the catch cans by the Coolant reservoir in that hole of the core support. Will post a detailed thread for the community when I get it done, and I'll make 10 or 15 of the brackets when I get them laser cut for anyone else that wants to do the install like me.

Taking the car on its first maiden voyage to lake Elsinore next weekend to pick up a rescue pup for my son.

4 year old dogo argentino named Prada.
Dog Plant Dog breed Flowerpot Collar
Dog Plant Houseplant Flowerpot Carnivore

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
4,935 Posts
Great looking pup!

Reactions: Dirtfiend602

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
My buddy and his wife have a non profit called HEER2RESCUE. they take in all kinds of dogs, and many bully breeds that will end up getting euthanized at the shelter. Prada was one of those.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
4,935 Posts
My buddy and his wife have a non profit called HEER2RESCUE. they take in all kinds of dogs, and many bully breeds that will end up getting euthanized at the shelter. Prada was one of those.
People suck! Good for them!
Animals are forgotten in times like these. Always awesome to see a good buddy find their forever home!

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,334 Posts

I also wish I had ordered my bnr directly from Bryan. Still hasn't shipped from edge 😕.

It wouldn't have made any difference. They are drop-shipped from BNR directly. My buddy bought one last year in June and didn't get it until September I think. It was a very long time.

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
I want to get some mud flaps , but I don't want logos on them? Do these have a factory mud flap option?

Anyone running mud flaps without those ugly logos? I don't like paying for a product that I am then advertising.

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
Cars first road trip did great other than the excessive misfires. Probably had a couple hundred between stops. Low rpm and transient fueling. Seems to be getting worse with the heat, will get that purge valve handled asap.

So I rocked e30 the whole trip ( had to fill up twice), on the way down there I averaged 22mpg.

way back I set cruise at 73 and averaged 36 for about 150 miles.

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
Decided to rock an exhaust cutout. Plan is to do the turbo and catch can and fuff 2.5 install in one weekend , get a basetune on it and drive it to the exhaust shop and have the cutout fitted.

I think I'm going to use an arduino board and take the 5v signal from the accelerator pedal into the raspberry pi , and out to a relay with a time based signal to automatically open the cutout for a period of time under certain throttle conditions with some basic logic ( open at 50% throttle, if falls below keep open for xx seconds )

·
Registered
233 Posts
I wonder if you could do a boost reference activated solenoid for your exhaust cutout? No/low boost keep the cutout closed and when boost starts to increase open the cutout until full open?

I never thought of it until I thought of it, then I went and searched lol

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
I wonder if you could do a boost reference activated solenoid for your exhaust cutout? No/low boost keep the cutout closed and when boost starts to increase open the cutout until full open?
Good idea, but I don't want it continuously opening and closing with boost reference, hence the need for some logic. I'll have to look into that

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·

I never thought of it until I thought of it, then I went and searched lol
for 94 bucks im going to try it, good find thanks dude! ordered!

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
I've decided to abandon this build thread, and just create new threads for every single question and derp comment, relevant or not. But I will also answer my own questions in all the new threads I create to destroy your search indexing on this site

261 - 280 of 351 Posts