Ford Focus ST Forum banner
201 - 220 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
2018 ST1, Monster Adapt-X e30, CVF fmic, Woosh rmm
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Going through the last couple pieces to the bt install... I was originally going to Weld in a 3" cutout right off the downpipe but Tim is recommending a 3" turbo back.

I quite honestly hate the way these cars sound.. Like a Briggs and Stratton lawn mower engine strapped to a goped

Does anyone have a 3" exhaust that is quiet? I plan on grafting the factory tip onto it. More than likely will end up buying a straight muffler and resonator and taking it to a muffler shop.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,521 Posts
Going through the last couple pieces to the bt install... I was originally going to Weld in a 3" cutout right off the downpipe but Tim is recommending a 3" turbo back.

I quite honestly hate the way these cars sound.. Like a Briggs and Stratton lawn mower engine strapped to a goped

Does anyone have a 3" exhaust that is quiet? I plan on grafting the factory tip onto it. More than likely will end up buying a straight muffler and resonator and taking it to a muffler shop.
Yes.

I have a thermal R&D turboback that has 3 sound absorption mufflers and one Helmholtz resonator at the back.

Land vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Tire

@rambleon84 has an FSwerks Stealth exhaust with an additional ultra quiet resonator.

The FSWerks stealth exhaust is a good off-the-shelf option to start with. As always sound is subjective

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,521 Posts
I should clarify the Thermal only comes with the large body sound absorption muffler and the Helmholtz as-purchased. I added the two ultra quiet resonators myself.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Ran over bumper shrapnel this morning. I've got some pretty good chips in the door and fender... suggestions? I've used touch up paint before and it looked like Helen Keller applied it.

Take it somewhere?

·
Super Moderator
11,762 Posts
Ran over bumper shrapnel this morning. I've got some pretty good chips in the door and fender... suggestions? I've used touch up paint before and it looked like Helen Keller applied it.

Take it somewhere?
I have used automotivetouchup.com with good results. Their color match is spot on and they have paint pens, brush-in-bottle, spray cans and also sell pints and quarts if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 · (Edited)
I have used automotivetouchup.com with good results. Their color match is spot on and they have paint pens, brush-in-bottle, spray cans and also sell pints and quarts if I recall correctly.

Edit... detail guy that did ceramic said to buy it and he'd apply and wet sand and polish it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Searched but didn't find and good threads.

Who is running an xdi hpfp? Are you running injectors too? Looking at the ability to run a higher ethanol blend, more for knock than power. Thoughts?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
I know it is. I'm familiar with it, but I don't want to mess with standalone controllers and that aren't 100% ecu controlled.

I don't care about the money, buy once cry once. I want total oem functionality. I like the valve cleaning from methanol, maybe down the road... but for now I'd rather spend the money on the hpfp .. and injectors if I need them.

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,518 Posts
The money is better spent on a 4 port imho. Split seconds are pretty bulletproof. Valve cleaning, E50, cheaper to expand.

Theres a reason most Di engines went to dual injection.

Split seconds have been out a long time. Tuners run them with great sucess. It's not some dumb piggyback from the 90's. Its a full fuel mapped, responsive system reading MAF signal.

Really great tech that is reliable, as long as the install is good.

Reactions: Dirtfiend602

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
The money is better spent on a 4 port imho. Split seconds are pretty bulletproof. Valve cleaning, E50, cheaper to expand.

Theres a reason most Di engines went to dual injection.

Split seconds have been out a long time. Tuners run them with great sucess. It's not some dumb piggyback from the 90's. Its a full fuel mapped, responsive system reading MAF signal.

Really great tech that is reliable, as long as the install is good.
I skimmed through some old threads and found your input in there saying same thing.

I'll look into it.

My other reasoning was Tim at monstertuned won't tune for it so I'd have to find another tuner and I don't think I'm willing to do that.

So with the 4 port... is a surge tank and additional pump like a Bosch 044 necessary ?

Stratified 4 port?

Also should be noted.. and I say this right now , I'm not power hunting. Safe reliable power . (I also said I was happy with 250whp 2 months ago and now look where we are at. Lol)

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,518 Posts
I skimmed through some old threads and found your input in there saying same thing.

I'll look into it.

My other reasoning was Tim at monstertuned won't tune for it so I'd have to find another tuner and I don't think I'm willing to do that.

So with the 4 port... is a surge tank and additional pump like a Bosch 044 necessary ?

Stratified 4 port?

Also should be noted.. and I say this right now , I'm not power hunting. Safe reliable power . (I also said I was happy with 250whp 2 months ago and now look where we are at. Lol)

Lol, Tim's not going to tune an aftermarket HPFP and direct injectors either, you big silly goose.

What turbo are you running?

You dont need a surge tank unless you are running E85 and over 600whp iirc.

For lower E blends, E30 most commonly, a 4 port setup is all you need to get into the 550whp range, again, if I remember correctly. For anything sub 500whp and sub E60 you dont have any concerns about LPFP, or surge tanks.

Power hunting, lol

Your tuner can do whatever you want as far as "safe" .

Im too lazy to see what turbo you are on, thats the big question.

• Haha
Reactions: Dirtfiend602

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Lol, Tim's not going to tune an aftermarket HPFP and direct injectors either, you big silly goose.

What turbo are you running?

You dont need a surge tank unless you are running E85 and over 600whp iirc.

For lower E blends, E30 most commonly, a 4 port setup is all you need to get into the 550whp range, again, if I remember correctly. For anything sub 500whp and sub E60 you dont have any concerns about LPFP, or surge tanks.

Power hunting, lol

Your tuner can do whatever you want as far as "safe" .

Im too lazy to see what turbo you are on, thats the big question.

Pretty sure Tim will tune factory controlled fueling components, ill double check.

Bnr 3071 in the mail

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
Chinraaaa catch cans came in today. Quite impressed for 78 bucks shipped for 2 of them. Using metric to an 90 deg fittings with a check valve in between the can and breathers. Making a mount to house both of them , and another mount with 90 deg bulkhead an to barb fittings to hold the breathers. Breathers will likely go on core support and catch cans in bumper.

Hand Finger Camera Camera lens Gas

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,518 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
I just like supporting American small business. That's all. Which is probably why I don't have money, they have all mine, lol!!
Same, but I bet the only items I've bought for the focus that are berry compliant have been the woosh products. Everything else including the fmic, castings are 100% from chinra.

201 - 220 of 243 Posts