Ford Focus ST Forum banner
181 - 200 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
2018 ST1, Monster Adapt-X e30, CVF fmic, Woosh rmm
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Well, decreases under hood temp, decreases spool time. Not like "OMG I'M SO HAPPY I BOUGHT THIS TURBO BLANKEY! ALL TEH GAINZ!"

What turbo are you putting this on?
Main concern was radiant heat to everything else. Same with thermal covers for the oil and coolant lines...

Bnr 3071 turbo.

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,518 Posts
Main concern was radiant heat to everything else. Same with thermal covers for the oil and coolant lines...

Bnr 3071 turbo.
Ohhhhhh, sure, do it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Car back together... and I forgot to plug the fog light harness back in. Guess I won't have fogs until the bt install lol

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
I'll try it next weekend Thanks.

There are threaded white plastic insert in the Fender well. Anyone have a part number ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
im sure the woosh mount will break in but man with the AC on at idle, car feels like a clapped out geo metro lol.

FMIC was maintaining temps at about 100-108 deg with an 84 deg ambient temp. thats cool.

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,518 Posts
im sure the woosh mount will break in but man with the AC on at idle, car feels like a clapped out geo metro lol.

FMIC was maintaining temps at about 100-108 deg with an 84 deg ambient temp. thats cool.
Psh, if ain't shaking your Martinis then you are doing it right.

Reactions: Dirtfiend602

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
For the price I am blown away at the quality of these charge pipes. This is where the bov will go. Plenty of room up there and as close to the outlet as possible. Also tial advertises the weld flange as 2.5 , but it is actually coped for 2". Nuttin a flap wheel won't take care of.
Bicycle handlebar Plumbing fixture Automotive tire Tap Bicycle part

·
Super Moderator
11,762 Posts
For the price I am blown away at the quality of these charge pipes. This is where the bov will go. Plenty of room up there and as close to the outlet as possible. Also tial advertises the weld flange as 2.5 , but it is actually coped for 2". Nuttin a flap wheel won't take care of.
View attachment 405444
Put the BOV up to the other end on the turn nearer the intercooler and you'll have a much shorter run of vacuum line if you are coming off of a symposer delete, and it's really easy to get to for servicing.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,521 Posts
Not a cool update but after seeing the 1.11 cost of a single fender liner rivet I'm glad to see clips and fasteners is still around. Been ordering from them for 10 plus years. View attachment 405500
I bought a bunch of constant tension clamps from them a while back.

Good call on changing those over, the markups some of these OEMs charge is insane.

181 - 200 of 243 Posts