Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just downsized from a Charger R/T road and track to a base focus ST and it reminds me of a mix between my old miata and the numerous WRX hatches I've owned. The triple cluster on top of the dash rattles but as a former Subaru owner, I'm not bothered by that. Looking to keep it stock since this is my... 13th car in 12 years. I might pay this one off before trading it for something else.

Aside for utility, does anyone have a solution for towing things like motorcycle trailers or go karts despite this damn center exit exhaust? 20170331_230049.jpg

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Curt makes an above-exhaust receiver for the ST. Before this, other folks, including me, modified the one made for a standard Focus and got basically the same thing. It tows relatively heavy loads with ease.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just downsized from a Charger R/T road and track to a base focus ST and it reminds me of a mix between my old miata and the numerous WRX hatches I've owned. The triple cluster on top of the dash rattles but as a former Subaru owner, I'm not bothered by that. Looking to keep it stock since this is my... 13th car in 12 years. I might pay this one off before trading it for something else.

Aside for utility, does anyone have a solution for towing things like motorcycle trailers or go karts despite this damn center exit exhaust? View attachment 224993
Check your owners manual... I could be wrong but, I don't believe you'll find anything specified by Ford in there. Meaning they don't intend/recommend it.
If the manufacturer doesn't specify towing capacity and Jehovah forbid something were to happen, your insurance provider would walk away.

just because it can, doesn't mean you should. crazy talk, I know!

Welcome to the community.

btw, have you raced the ST against your velsoter yet? :tree:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Check your owners manual... I could be wrong but, I don't believe you'll find anything specified by Ford in there. Meaning they don't intend/recommend it.
If the manufacturer doesn't specify towing capacity and Jehovah forbid something were to happen, your insurance provider would walk away.

just because it can, doesn't mean you should. crazy talk, I know!
There are many in here that have added receivers with no problems. Concerns of insurance walking away are unfounded. It's actually the best towing vehicle I have had. I use mine mostly for light towing but have pulled as much as a yard of gravel.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts