Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow FoSt owners,
I purchased my 2014 Focus ST, ST3 20k oxford white about 2 months ago.
Man, do I love this car.
Well tonight I bought the first upgrades
Cobb short shifter plate
Cobb shift knob White/red
Cobb access port v3.

Tips on what should be the next upgrade.
Thanks!
Only decent picture of The FoSt I have right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
The shifter base bushings and transmission cable bracket bushings. It completely changes the way shifts feel.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Alright then.
Ordered some boomba ones.
Are those easy to change out?
Both take a little work to get at, you should change your shifter at the same time you do the bushings if you ever plan on going down that road, just easier to do at once. Neither are all that difficult though. Some superglue can help you too, there are a few threads on them that should give you some tips. http://www.focusst.org/forum/boomba-racing/21155-boomba-racing-aluminum-shifter-base-bushings.html http://www.focusst.org/forum/boomba...cing-transmission-cable-bracket-bushings.html
I also like this guys videos, he has helped me with a few installs and I think is a member on here?

Reactions: Crevarius

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Rear motor mount.

Reactions: DevNul

·
Registered
201 Posts
Before you do anything else decide on what your end game is. There are a few threads on here with guys who threw upgrades on in search of big power and ultimately made the car undriveable. Once you have your goal solidly in mind research what will reliably get you there and then sort out a buying order. Buy good reputable parts and avoid knock offs. Remember that you get what you pay for. Start with supporting mods, example; buy a tuner before you throw a bunch of parts at the engine or do your suspension before you buy rims to ensure your desired suspension goes on and you know what clearances you have for rims rather than sacrifice the desired suspension because it won't clear the time you already bought.
Basically the smarter you are in your planning the happier you will be in the end.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright then.
Ordered some boomba ones.
Are those easy to change out?
Both take a little work to get at, you should change your shifter at the same time you do the bushings if you ever plan on going down that road, just easier to do at once. Neither are all that difficult though. Some superglue can help you too, there are a few threads on them that should give you some tips. http://www.focusst.org/forum/boomba-racing/21155-boomba-racing-aluminum-shifter-base-bushings.html http://www.focusst.org/forum/boomba...cing-transmission-cable-bracket-bushings.html
I also like this guys videos, he has helped me with a few installs and I think is a member on here?

Thanks!
Doesn't look too hard.
Probably 2 hrs or so if everything goes right.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Before you do anything else decide on what your end game is. There are a few threads on here with guys who threw upgrades on in search of big power and ultimately made the car undriveable. Once you have your goal solidly in mind research what will reliably get you there and then sort out a buying order. Buy good reputable parts and avoid knock offs. Remember that you get what you pay for. Start with supporting mods, example; buy a tuner before you throw a bunch of parts at the engine or do your suspension before you buy rims to ensure your desired suspension goes on and you know what clearances you have for rims rather than sacrifice the desired suspension because it won't clear the time you already bought.
Basically the smarter you are in your planning the happier you will be in the end.[/QUOTE

Oh def.
I'm used to dealing with DSM's trying to find out what other people have done.
Not going for big power gain.
Just something a lil more fun.
Thinking of doing turboback exhaust and intercooler together.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Oh def.
I'm used to dealing with DSM's trying to find out what other people have done.

At least you are good with tools lol.
I remember my TSi, they were fun when they run.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just finished install of all.
Set my Cobb plate to 40%
The difference is amazing.
Not sure if the bushings are adding the nice firm/smooth feeling, or the shift plate.
AP3 is pretty neat, didn't realize how much stuff is done through it.
Excited to see what I can do with it

·
Registered
740 Posts
Must:
-Intercooler
-Custom tune (I highly recommend Alex at Stratified)
-Catch can (one that connects to the PCV at the IM not the ones that go on the top of the engine bay)

Probably:
-Rear Motor Mount (do some research to know what to expect)
-Quality shocks (I recommend Bilstein)
-Quality speakers

Stop there, anything else is just over the top, my Cobb exhaust paired with a 3" catted DP is just too loud for my taste, lowering it with FRPP springs makes me bump into all sorts of things even though its one of the smallest drops in the market, engine and tranny mounts give you ton of vibes, etc

Some things are nice like the solid shifter bushings you can put on the cable bracket and in the shifter base, bigger inlet tube and snorkel, fog lights, hood struts, short shifter, bov and so on, but looking back its just too much money and time spent in things that I mostly forget they are there, I mean the cost-benefit ratio wasnt really there for me

·
Registered
27 Posts
An easy one would be a green filter if you want more turbo-whoosh-goodness. As others have said, intercooler, especially if you plan on doing any kind of racing. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts