Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST1
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the tips on their stock exhaust? I was considering doing it as I'm taking my car to an exhaust shop for a res delete this Wednesday, and I was thinking about having the stock ones cut off and nice round ones replace them while I'm there.
From my measurements a 2.5" inlet would be the best bet with the stock muffler on, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm probably gonna save the cash for a real exhaust, but I'm very curious now if anyone has attempted this. The stock exhaust tips just don't do it for me, yknow?

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
@ihave458ducks Let me know if you do it. I may be interested in taking the stock tip off your hands.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
2,134 Posts
If you ever want a trailer hitch for just a bike rack, it tucks nicely above the middle of stock tip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone replaced the tips on their stock exhaust? I was considering doing it as I'm taking my car to an exhaust shop for a res delete this Wednesday, and I was thinking about having the stock ones cut off and nice round ones replace them while I'm there.
From my measurements a 2.5" inlet would be the best bet with the stock muffler on, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm probably gonna save the cash for a real exhaust, but I'm very curious now if anyone has attempted this. The stock exhaust tips just don't do it for me, yknow?

Just a guess but It will probably cost you a couple hundred bucks to have that work done. Why not just save for a little longer and get a catback?

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,996 Posts
AFIK, that funky stock tip transitions into 2 stubby round pipes out of the stock rear box, so cut it off and weld on some round tips of your choice.......? :unsure:

·
Registered
51 Posts
How's your research so far? My buddy got this new ST1 project and looking to replace the tip for the exhaust as well. He's planning to get a trailer hitch. We're finishing the installation of the brake kit and fuel vapor wheels from 4 Wheelonline this week plus alignment before we can start working on it. It seems getting a catback is a better route.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
2,134 Posts
I have the Curt trailer hitch, and stock tips. You may want to decide on the hitch before the exhaust. The small square receiver fits in the middle section above the tips and may limit your choices, or require some custom work for either exhaust or hitch, or both.

I've just used mine for a bike rack so far. A little hard to access the receiver mounting, but I like it's hard to tell it's there when the rack isn't on.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would remove resonator and take packing out of muffler. You might like the factory tip when you get some sound comming out of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts