Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the BBK throttle body upgrade make a difference and if so can you use the steeda throttle body spacer with it to increase performance

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
It does especially if you are running a bigger turbo. If you are going to run a Steeda spacer or any spacer for that matter with a throttle body make sure to buy longer bolts.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Longer bolts required indeed, some companies help you with the longer bolts needed

·
Registered
166 Posts
Does the BBK throttle body upgrade make a difference and if so can you use the steeda throttle body spacer with it to increase performance
What mods do you have? Stock turbo, it’s not worth it. Intake, filter and FMIC first.

·
Super Moderator
8,031 Posts

For 500 hundred bucks, you'd have to be desperate for mods to buy that thing.

This is the upgrade for the MUSTANG 2.3l TB, which is bigger than the focus ST/RS TB and is money better spent.

Using them with spacers gets cramped if you use aftermarket charge pipes, also it's recommended to get a tune revision when installing this part. Please read the 2.3 TB thread I linked above.

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Damond makes a kit. It’s a fantastic kit that I’m going to be running on my setup. Also only 195 lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a flowmasters outlaw edition exhaust, injen cold air intake, Cobb access port. The cP-e intercooler and CNT downpipe I'm still waiting on to come in the mail ... Have not yet got to the turbo yet so I'll just wait

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
I have a flowmasters outlaw edition exhaust, injen cold air intake, Cobb access port. The cP-e intercooler and CNT downpipe I'm still waiting on to come in the mail ... Have not yet got to the turbo yet so I'll just wait
Most important is to get a good quality tune for your mods lol.

·
Super Moderator
8,031 Posts
The throttle body is a good mod for a stage three ST, no need to wait for a bigger turbo.

Prices on that the mustang TB really shot up. I did my whole swap for like 75 or 80 bucks iirc. Must be supply and demand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After the intercooler and downpipe install I'tl be a stage three I was going to put supercoils In it as well what's your advice on those

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Super coils or MSD coil packs aren’t really needed at stage 3. Even big turbo builds lol. I might have noticed a different when I did mine

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Then a good intercooler and a solid tune is what you will want. Good gas too. Stage 3 is nothing to these cars. The stock turbo is going to be you next restriction. You get a bigger turbo then your fuel will limit you. Fix that and then you will be around the safe limit of the oem internals. 450 whp is considered the limit. But nothing is more important than proper upkeep of your car and a solid tune

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
That’s who I have has for my car for years. From there ots tunes to a custom tune for my big turbo 4 port aux fuel WMI setup. I’ve never had a complaint about there tunes and there customer service is top notch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts