Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some ideas for radio. I just recent bought a 2016 focus st1 without Sony ungrade or my touch screen... I want to find something like my touch capabilities.. Any ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
A few options, but just as expensive as if you just got an ST2 from t get-go.
There are a couple aftermarket head-units and dash kits that will do the job, and still keep existing sync function too.
I think Alpine and Kenwood have sync compatible units.
Check out the electronics section and search for "metro Dash Kit"
Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I thought that too but I work the ford and there was running a rebate on the st and that was the only one they had.. Love the car but I miss the technology

·
Registered
7 Posts
Amazon has some good priced android based head units. Check those out. You can mirror link on them, and if you have a decent data plan and can tether off your cell - when you are parked bored...you can surf the web, email, social media... etc. From the looks of it the majority come with NAV as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unfortunately you may have to wait to replace your radio. I don't believe anyone has a dash kit out for the 2015+ Focus. I'm waiting to put a remote start in mine and I'm running into the same problem. With the refresh there was a change made and no one currently has software for the 15+ so I'm stuck waiting patiently as winter approaches.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I don't know why everyone thinks the OEM touch screen unit is soo expensive. Isn't it just a Sony made device, not some unique Ford made unit?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I don't know why everyone thinks the OEM touch screen unit is soo expensive. Isn't it just a Sony made device, not some unique Ford made unit?
Every place I have seen runs a few grand. Please show a link where it can be bought cheaply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts