Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As has been mentioned below I've been working (albeit slowly) on a dedicated front Drag Brake Kit.

To a couple folks that's not a secret as they were instrumental in aiding in both fit and ideas. To that end they were unhappy with the necessary iron grinding needed to fit the first gen brackets. I get it. And I listened..noting that it was in fact greater than I'd expect it be. The life of "beta parts" here.

As of today that bracket has been re designed and altered a bit.

The new and production part
1. Does not require any spindle iron grinding
2. Is threaded for easier installation
3. Fits both our normal 11.75 and the alternate (yet mentioned) 11.5" scalloped rotor

All kits include:
1. 2pc hats and rotors
2. Radial mount DPr four pot calipers
3. BP10 street pads
4. Radial mount brackets, alignment shims and hardware, dual fit for 11.5 and 11.75 'rings'.
5. Front SS flex hoses

The rotors are 11.75 x .810, straight vane, non slotted. Bolted to Wilwood aluminum rotor hats.
The calipers are four pot DynaPro Radial mount with modest 16mm pads and quick change clips.
The brackets billet aluminum, easy fit parts (to be anodized)

The objective here is to provide a smaller kit suited to 15" wheels. The DPr offers extremely low fit for many drag wheels including Bogarts and Welds.
The other important aspect is to assure that it remains streetable. These are proven parts and proven designs for many years on far more demanding uses than a Focus drag car. They are every bit suited to your grocery getting/take the kids to school use. I do not however consider it suited to open track day/dual purpose use. Simply too light a casting.

Now..for some of you this just won't be enough. I know, 23yrs I've been doing this.

Options for this will include:

1. A HD 11.75 rotor for more heat management. (that won't be your drag use but those who insist on trying to run in for 30min on a road course!)
2. A drilled and slotted rotor for your viewing pleasure
3. Red powder coat finish- hey, you gotta look good
4. A drilled only light weight rotor- I don't suggest it but someone will find it in the Wilwood catalog and ask me
5. A scalloped light weight Wilwood rotor- I don't suggest this one either, but that'll be your next question

And...last but not least: for the true hard core drag only builder----
5. A TCE 11.5" scalloped light weight rotor for those who need yet more room inside the barrel of the wheel. *This rotor is shared with the TCE drag kits for the DSM crowd. They are truly not for street use. One modest stop at a time please.

What does it weigh Todd?? I gotsta know!
Right now I'd say shipping is about 35lbs so I'd say 33lbs of product or 16-17 per corner.

How much lighter is that than the stock parts?? No idea, put your old stuff on the bath scale and let us both know. It was not really built for the most light weight of options, there are other parts that could be used for that but are not what I'd deem safe for DD use.

So enough of that talk I want pics!

How Much, How Much, How Much???! And WHEN?!!!

Right now you can see brackets are yet to be anodized. That being said, and other travel things on my plate I'll say "shipable" within two weeks. *Depends on the exact nature of the order: rotors, caliper color etc also.

The base price will be $1025- Shipped. Cont US, maybe USPS not sure yet.
(yes I plan to put it in the shopping cart form if possible offering the basics)

There you have it; all the dirt and more. I really don't know how much of a demand there is for these but you now have a stretable drag option for 15s!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Simply more tire choices with 15" wheels a much more common wheel size for drag racing.

How many paid orders do you need to start production?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not my cup of tea, but yet another reason why Todd should be like a brake superhero or something.
Ha! No...just a small business owner constantly searching for the 'next thing' to keep afloat. Throw a bunch of **** on the wall and see what sticks.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Simply more tire choices with 15" wheels a much more common wheel size for drag racing.

How many paid orders do you need to start production?

No pre orders necessary. We ran three sets of the new bracket. Happy to send you an invoice today.

The parts will be on the shelf to ship shortly. *In fact if you don't care about the brackets being anodized I can send you a complete kit by mid week.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so I have. Stock brake system. Is this all I need to run 15 inch wheels?
From the brake standpoint; yes.

Wheel fit will be as follows:

Caliper_Clearance.png

Dim A: 1.03" / 26.2mm
Dim B: 4.3" / 110mm
Dim C: 6.6" / 167mm

Add a bit of air gap to the 1" number, looking for about 1.125"+

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please note that "yes" this is a bit wider than the other caliper kits and the factory kits. Meaning you'll need reasonably brake friendly wheels.

The DPr caliper is a tick wider than the FNSL6 and the hat is a tick thinner moving the wheel in a touch. Can't move things inward any farther so that's where we ended up at. Compared to a FNSL6 kit you may need a skinny 5mm wheel spacer, that will all depend upon the spoke shape.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
No pre orders necessary. We ran three sets of the new bracket. Happy to send you an invoice today.

The parts will be on the shelf to ship shortly. *In fact if you don't care about the brackets being anodized I can send you a complete kit by mid week.
Cool, I don't have the car yet. I will in about six-seven weeks.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brackets will be back on Tuesday from Anodizing.

**I know someone out there has one of the early kits with the grinding to deal with, if you'll get in touch with me I'll arrange to get you the newer version of these.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
~Bump!~

I know there are a few of you who are looking for these...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really thought we'd have more interest in these.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What happened to all my drag racing guys who wanted "big brakes for 15s" ?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brackets remain on the shelf to produce about four more of these kits.

Priced at $989 this is the one kit you'll need for making 15" drag wheels and slicks!~

Hit me up for a Holiday Bonus.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts