Ford Focus ST Forum banner

New steering wheel

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Tyler2295 
#1 ·
Well it was covered under warranty so I suggest anyone of u guys that has one peeling go to dealer they will put a new one on. It started with 20k car has 27k on it today

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I just noticed there are some small cuts/nicks in the perforated leather section on the left hand side of my wheel. its not bad at all, but it is something to keep an eye on. Its possible they are there from the previous owner and I never noticed them before. none the less I will have to make sure it doesn't get any worse. I need this wheel to last and look good for years to come.

#4 ·
this does worry me a bit since before I bough my car (w/ 35k on it) the original owner had it replaced under warranty. now I have noticed that the leather on our wheel is super soft and nice feeling compared to my wife's Escape Ti and my friends Fiesta ST (which almost just feels like plastic), so I wonder if the leather is just so soft it is easy to get damaged, or if they were using some cheap leather that had a defect in it which hopefully has been changed. but it does make me mindfull of my wedding ring which has a machined finish with chamfered edges.

#6 ·
are the new ones not leather wrapped like the first gens??????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.