Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking jealousy at St's since they came out, and wasn't in the market for one, but two weeks ago someone totalled my Mazda3, so I took the opportunity to grab an ST. I found an exceptionally clean, one owner model, with 32k, and that dude really babied his car. I'm pretty psyched to actually own the car I want for the first time in my life (at 43 years old, haha). First up? Remove the shift plate, install shift bushings, and new tires once the oem ones are done..... Otherwise, I don't plan to mod much of anything at all....

·
Administrator
11,895 Posts
I've been looking jealousy at St's since they came out, and wasn't in the market for one, but two weeks ago someone totalled my Mazda3, so I took the opportunity to grab an ST. I found an exceptionally clean, one owner model, with 32k, and that dude really babied his car. I'm pretty psyched to actually own the car I want for the first time in my life (at 43 years old, haha). First up? Remove the shift plate, install shift bushings, and new tires once the oem ones are done..... Otherwise, I don't plan to mod much of anything at all....
Lol, good luck with that.

Mod bug hits hard with these tuner hot hatches.

Do a bit of research before you pick a shifter product. Arms>plates all day long btw.

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, good luck with that.

Mod bug hits hard with these tuner hot hatches.

Do a bit of research before you pick a shifter product. Arms>plates all day long btw.
Interesting. I really don't like the plate, it's just too reluctant to shift. Stock shifters feel pretty great to me. I just ordered shifter bushings for the engine side, which I figured I might as well install when I'm under removing the plate.

So arms, huh? How hard is that install?

·
Administrator
11,895 Posts
Interesting. I really don't like the plate, it's just too reluctant to shift. Stock shifters feel pretty great to me. I just ordered shifter bushings for the engine side, which I figured I might as well install when I'm under removing the plate.

So arms, huh? How hard is that install?
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...t-your-st-shift-better-st-shifter-thread.html

It's a roll pin, thats it. Drastic increase in shifter feel and precision. I have first hand dealt with entirely too many shifter products, and full arm replacements beat out bolt on plates by a landslide. Buy once, cry once, imho

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
732 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts