Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've installed stage 1 and the gain is noticeable, but I'm now thinking a mile tune from Mountune. What's the benefit from one to the other?

·
Registered
463 Posts
My question is why are you thinking about spending more on another stage 1 canned tune without knowing what the change(if any) would be? Being that Cobb and Mountune are both the tune for the general public, Mountune even offered for sale by Ford Performance dealers, what do you expect to gain by spending another $200~?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what to expect, that's why I'm asking. I've read on multiple forums that mountune was the way to go. So my question is, would there be any benefit? If not, I'll stick with what I have.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Any OTS(Off The Shelf, not a customized tune for your vehicle) stage 1 tune will give you the majority of the benefit available.

If you want more, a more aggressive tune will need to be sought, and Mountune, Cobb, and the Ford Performance Parts Pro-Cal are not the answer. Parts such as a good air filter and upgraded intercooler are the usual suggestions before stepping up for more.

Reactions: rspec2014
1 - 4 of 4 Posts