Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new owner here from central California Stockton to be exact.. own a 2013 focus st I believe it's the st2 package
Currently have the simple upgrades which is exhaust from the cat all the way back and a green filter... just wanted to introduce my self and also was wondering if any owners here have had any issues with there st when it comes to boosting? I have been having this issue for 3 weeks now I only seem to boost 5psi at full throttle it hits 5psi and holds through the entire rpm band.. I have checked all the pipes and couplings nothing is loose at all so does anyone have any insite as to the what this could be?
Thanks again in advance

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did it come tuned/with an AP?
Valet mode possibly? someone with more experience will chime in Im sure. Welcome tot he forums.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is no tune. I bought this model used from Fairfield CA I only have the modifications listed so I am just stumped I am pretty sure I don't have a boost leak I have experience with boosted cars but this one I just can't figure out due to it hitting and holding 5 psi through out... but thanks for the welcome anyway guys

·
Registered
150 Posts
It sounds like a tune somehow... there's a low boost tune that stops at 5psi. Check the charge pipes.
Next time you get in, turn off cruise control and hit the RES button and see if your rpm ticker moves instantly. You can also press +- to change it. See if those work, if it does it's tuned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay thanks a lot man so would this be say a indicator that I actually have a boost leak putting it into a safe mode per say?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Okay thanks a lot man so would this be say a indicator that I actually have a boost leak putting it into a safe mode per say?
If it's been tuned and still married to the tuning device I believe, when you hit the resume paddle in repetition, the rpm gauge will point to 1,2,3,4 etc indicating what map slot to use. Example: 1 could be the valet mode and limit to 5 psi, 2 stock, 3 tuned and so on. So if your rpm gauge moves like that, select the next slot and hold on.

On another note, if it is tuned I wouldnt go WOT until you get it detuned, you have no idea what it was tuned for and could cause engine damage.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it's been tuned and still married to the tuning device I believe, when you hit the resume paddle in repetition, the rpm gauge will point to 1,2,3,4 etc indicating what map slot to use. Example: 1 could be the valet mode and limit to 5 psi, 2 stock, 3 tuned and so on. So if your rpm gauge moves like that, select the next slot and hold on.

On another note, if it is tuned I wouldnt go WOT until you get it detuned, you have no idea what it was tuned for and could cause engine damage.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Okay thanks a lot man yeah I don't really ever go wide open throttle to begin but it's one of those nagging situations in where I would like to know my car can perform the way it was meant to but I will def try that today and give updates on it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Okay man so apreantly it is tuned Or something along those lines it does do exactly how you stated the rpm jumps up instantly from 1k to 2k and it gives me a up shift 1 and upshift 2 when I hit the + or - but it only gives me 2 options it gives me either 1 or 2 hopefully that just means it gives me safe mode and stock so we will test it out and I'll be able to give you details later thanks again guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts