Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys hello from az. new to the st forum, im a recent convert from the world of DSM. happy to be in the century now. i really enjoy this forum page, much better than any dsm forum out there. i was previous member of dsmtuners, and happy to put all of that behind me. just purchased a 2013 st three weeks ago, and i am loving it. was really on my list of cars to look at it. after owning a dsm for a long hard 3 years, i have learned so much. and when looking for a new car i really kept coming back to the st, mainly because of what you get for such a amazing price. theres no way you could touch any decent 2013 subaru wrx for the price of a st, and honestly i want no part in owning a boxer engine. and being a devout 4g63 fan, theres no way im buying a evo10 abomination. im definitely not enough of a hipster to own a vw gti, and sure enough not wanting a audi, so st it is! and i couldnt be more of a fan. not sure if anyone has ever read the "you know your a dsm owner if" article, but its sad when you answer yes to every other one.

i really found my ST by what i call divine intervention of the car gods. i sold my dsm early november over the classified listings of the dsmtuner forum. after three weeks of dealing with a buyer, needless to say the deal went very sour and i was really disappointed . did the sell the car for 1000 less than what i wanted, but in the end i probably would have paid the 1000 to not have to drive that horrible car the 150 miles home. so once i got things worked out on my loan, this blue st just happened to turn up at my local dealer. so after 3 test drives i was sold. when i looked it over, i notice the ford racing pipes, then noticed it was the entire catback exhaust. once i got the car back home i sat down to do some research and found the ford performance pack on the website. then i figured, well if someone already put the exhaust on, maybe it has the rest of the pack because that is definitely the best value. so i rummaged around the glove box, center console, and then finally in the back, under some bags, i found the tuner. what a score, and the dealership had no idea of the add on. then, after looking at all the options on the ford website, i confirmed the car also had the ford short shifter installed. also a bonus score! add those with the brand new enkei wheels and bfg comp2 all seasons, i really got a killer deal at 16k. i guess it was some good karma coming back from the sour dsm deal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome azbanks! I am also a newbie to the st forum. I gotta agree with what you're saying about the ST, the value was just too great. I have a 2016 ST with the ST3 package, and I got it for about $7k-$8k below MSRP, I couldn't really pass it up. Just such a fun and well-built car, as long as you can live with a little torque steer. I am actually getting ready to get some performance mods done on mine, but I'm almost a total newbie at that as well. This is only the second car I'm modding, so I still have a constant stream of questions as I'm upgrading my car, but this forum is excellent for info...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts