Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found a place for my ST. I'm from South Jersey, and just bought a 17 Oxford White ST1, and couldn't be happier. It's my first "new" car, and worth the 14 years of waiting after driving such things as my tank of a truck a 94' Ranger (first car ever owned, picked it up for $800), and takes pressure off of my 96' Camaro as a weekend warrior while trying to be a DD. Other cars include my 92' 3000GT and the wife's 05 MINI Cooper S. Basically was looking for a "ehem" family car (4 doors, so BRZ was out) and turbo, and after being a former tech with a dealership that serviced Subaru's, seeing their nightmares mostly turned me off of going after a WRX. Working on cars have just about been my whole life, including the last 5 as an actual profession, but I also worked in the composite and mold production field until the economy collapsed.

With shear luck I've been fortunate to have gone around the world, and seen just about every car on anyones bucket list, with the exclusion of a handful ( Jaguar XJ220, and Ford RS200 are at the top of yet to be seen), and seen endurance racing on 3 continents, including my holy grail, the 24hr. of Le Mans. Essentially I'm full of old man stories you may or may not care about involving cars and the drivers, with the likes of Carroll Shelby, Joey Hand, John Fitch, and cars like the McLaren F1 GTR, GT40 #P1075, Ferrari 312PB, and so on. I try to pass on stories to entice enjoyment in the vintage area of cars, which also includes my theme for this car, the Group B RS200 Rally car.

Welp, see, I just made a long, drawn out introduction, so make sure you guys grab some popcorn when this happens, and hopefully this community will be enjoyable and welcoming.

Jeff

·
Registered
497 Posts
Finally found a place for my ST. I'm from South Jersey, and just bought a 17 Oxford White ST1, and couldn't be happier. It's my first "new" car, and worth the 14 years of waiting after driving such things as my tank of a truck a 94' Ranger (first car ever owned, picked it up for $800), and takes pressure off of my 96' Camaro as a weekend warrior while trying to be a DD. Other cars include my 92' 3000GT and the wife's 05 MINI Cooper S. Basically was looking for a "ehem" family car (4 doors, so BRZ was out) and turbo, and after being a former tech with a dealership that serviced Subaru's, seeing their nightmares mostly turned me off of going after a WRX. Working on cars have just about been my whole life, including the last 5 as an actual profession, but I also worked in the composite and mold production field until the economy collapsed.

With shear luck I've been fortunate to have gone around the world, and seen just about every car on anyones bucket list, with the exclusion of a handful ( Jaguar XJ220, and Ford RS200 are at the top of yet to be seen), and seen endurance racing on 3 continents, including my holy grail, the 24hr. of Le Mans. Essentially I'm full of old man stories you may or may not care about involving cars and the drivers, with the likes of Carroll Shelby, Joey Hand, John Fitch, and cars like the McLaren F1 GTR, GT40 #P1075, Ferrari 312PB, and so on. I try to pass on stories to entice enjoyment in the vintage area of cars, which also includes my theme for this car, the Group B RS200 Rally car.

Welp, see, I just made a long, drawn out introduction, so make sure you guys grab some popcorn when this happens, and hopefully this community will be enjoyable and welcoming.

Jeff
Welcome, Jeff! Can't wait to see how the car turns out! I am also an endurance racing fan. I may (may!!!) have seen a couple of cars that perhaps you haven't...http://www.focusst.org/forum/off-topic/110689-panoz-headquarters-visit.html
That said, you've definitely seen a TON that I haven't!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome to the party, pal! I'm 44 and the ST fits my needs as a husband and father to 1 kid and 3 dogs. More fun and responsive than the WRX hatches I've driven, even though AWD would be a nice perk. And it's a bit more lively and youthful than the GTI, in my opinion. Hopefully the ST gives you a few more stories to add to your collection!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
You are in luck sir, there is an rs200 at the Octane Academy which your new car just got you a free ticket too!

Reactions: Manoah

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have seen and sat in an LMP 1 Roadster, but I haven't seen an Esperante GTR-1, that is another one on my bucket list. Used to buy all the different paint jobs Hot Wheels made when I was younger. Let me know where I can do photo dumps here that allow more then 5.25mb. Here's a couple from Le Mans/Paris. The Renault and Toyota TS020 are on a main street heading to the Arc de Triopmhe, it's like their 5th Ave in NYC.
EDIT: I seemed to of picked some crappy photos, and my Paris shots of the Renault Turbo 5 and TS020 were bigger then 5.25mb. Ill post another day with some stories
France 2014 111.JPG
France 2014 113.JPG
France 2014 158.JPG
France 2014 159.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts