Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new ST is literally 2 months old. When I first got it it had the great new car smell inside. Now it smells like a mildewy new car smell and I can't figure out why? I keep it very clean. Anyone else have this ?

·
Registered
825 Posts
First: Do you have a sunroof? If so, Has your car been out in the rain much? at all?
The sunroof will allow water to seep past the seal, but the sunroof is supposed to
have a way to carry the water away and out. This tube may be missing or blocked,
thus water is collecting in the car.
Second: have you used the AC some? Check the floor around the passenger front to
see if it is damp after a long drive with the AC on a hot day. The drain from the AC may be blocked

One other problem might be in the carpeting? Something might have been spilled.
Anyone else drive the car? EVER?
One possible cheap as dirt solution is buy a bottle of Febreze, (the original type, not scented)
and spray away on the carpeting.. Also perhaps the AC has mold/mildew.
There are products to freshen the air circ system of an AC unit.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
take it in to the dealer. If its that bad after only 2 months you could possibly have water intrusion somewhere.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have a sunroof on it and it is only 2months old. I do keep it outside though. It has rained quite a bit here lately. I'll try checking the passenger side floor for moisture. It also has the cloth seats. Thanks for tips.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I don't have a sunroof on it and it is only 2months old. I do keep it outside though. It has rained quite a bit here lately. I'll try checking the passenger side floor for moisture. It also has the cloth seats. Thanks for tips.
Ya, hopefully yours isnt anything too major. We had a customer bring in his brand new fully loaded S class complaining about rear carpets wet. We found a spot where the robots missed a spot with that rubber weld seam sealant stuff on the floorboard and let water in. It was a spot literally less than an inch, but enough to let water in. It is not repairable by any bodyshop and so the car had to be bought back and junked,lol.

Definately take it in to the dealer if you feel moisture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts