Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the new-ish short throw shifter in my 2015 ST3 this week, and it is amazing! I also got the solid shifter assembly base bushings, and everything feels SO SOLID. The throw is dramatically shorter. A+++++++ for this shifter, including price, fit and finish, and function!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got any pics?

·
Vendor
648 Posts
I installed the new-ish short throw shifter in my 2015 ST3 this week, and it is amazing! I also got the solid shifter assembly base bushings, and everything feels SO SOLID. The throw is dramatically shorter. A+++++++ for this shifter, including price, fit and finish, and function!
I'm very pleased to hear how much you like it. We worked hard on this project and it's nice get confirmation that we met our goals.

Many Thanks!

-James

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This has to be the best one out there. Great combination of price and HUGE improvement in feel. I don't know about other model years, but there is a tip for installation that I would suggest, at least on the 15 ST... You don't have to remove the pin. There is a place that they put a screw in the assembly to hold it together during assembly, then they remove it. This keeps you from being able to easily pop the top off of the shifter assembly. But it serves no function, and you can use cutting pliers to cut it off, or a small hack saw. Then you can easily remove the top of the assembly to get the shifter out. It is a lot easier than removing that STUBBORN PIN! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts