Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Product Release!!

The JBR 2013+ Focus ST/RS Stage 2 Rear Torque Mount!!

ONLY $149.00 Shipped Domestic! At this price why buy ANY other mount!?!

Details:
The JBR Stage 2 Rear Torque Mount is a full replacement for the OEM mount and the transmission bracket.

The JBR STage 2 Rear Torque Mount utilizes a vertically oriented bushing nearly 2.5" in diameter. Vertically orienting the bushing eliminates the pendulum motion of the engine.
This is accomplished by applying forces on the bushing in a single plane versus two with the OEM mount.

The larger bushing and our proprietary polyurethane formula provide outstanding performance and durability without sacrificing comfort and it's available in your choice of 70 and 80 durometers.

The 70 durometer is softer and perfect for the street. The 80 is a bit firmer than the 70 and is also excellent for street use and tough enough for the Auto-X track, road course and drag strip.

Features:
  • Eliminates the 1-2 shift bang
  • Eliminates wheel hope
  • 6061-T6 aluminum construction
  • Anodized to resist corrosion
  • Bolt-on installation

Includes:
  • 1 70 or 80 durometer mount
  • All necessary installation hardware
  • Installation instructions are available in our support section
  • Shipping is free in the US & our Hassle Free Lifetime Warranty is included

·
Super Moderator
7,455 Posts
Jbr is really kicking out the parts. That hardware is going to rust up like nobodys business though. Stainless is a better call, at a strength loss, but for savages like me who pull their rmm all the time, it would be the bee's knees.

·
Vendor
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jbr is really kicking out the parts. That hardware is going to rust up like nobodys business though. Stainless is a better call, at a strength loss, but for savages like me who pull their rmm all the time, it would be the bee's knees.
Quite the contrary...The washers are all stainless and the nut and bolt are yellow zinc plated. Yellow zinc plating (Yellow Chromate) is significantly less likely to rust than your typical silver zinc plating and will most likely out last your car. Grade 8 is also much stronger and far less brittle than stainless. These are the a couple of reasons we chose it. Another very important reason we chose this hardware is because stainless is highly subject to thread galling, especially under repeated use like you describe. At one time we shipped all of our mounts with stainless hardware and received many complaints from customers having to break the bolts off and buy new hardware. We have since moved away from stainless hardware for this very reason and you hardly ever see it in the automotive industry for these reasons as well; and cost too I'm sure.

Below is a short snip from and article about stainless thread galling. The whole article can be found here.

Thread galling seems to be the most prevalent with fasteners made of stainless steel, aluminum, titanium, and other alloys which self-generate an oxide surface film for corrosion protection. During fastener tightening, as pressure builds between the contacting and sliding thread surfaces, protective oxides are broken, possibly wiped off, and interface metal high points shear or lock together. This cumulative clogging-shearing-locking action causes increasing adhesion. In the extreme, galling leads to seizing - the actual freezing together of the threads. If tightening is continued, the fastener can be twisted off or its threads ripped out.

Carpenter Technologies, the fastener industry's largest supplier of stainless steel raw material, refers to this type of galling in their technical guide as "cold welding." Anyone who has seen a bolt and nut with this problem understands the graphic nature of this description.

Thanks,
James

·
Super Moderator
7,455 Posts
Quite the contrary...The washers are all stainless and the nut and bolt are yellow zinc plated. Yellow zinc plating (Yellow Chromate) is significantly less likely to rust than your typical silver zinc plating and will most likely out last your car. Grade 8 is also much stronger and far less brittle than stainless. These are the a couple of reasons we chose it. Another very important reason we chose this hardware is because stainless is highly subject to thread galling, especially under repeated use like you describe. At one time we shipped all of our mounts with stainless hardware and received many complaints from customers having to break the bolts off and buy new hardware. We have since moved away from stainless hardware for this very reason and you hardly ever see it in the automotive industry for these reasons as well; and cost too I'm sure.

Below is a short snip from and article about stainless thread galling. The whole article can be found here.

Thread galling seems to be the most prevalent with fasteners made of stainless steel, aluminum, titanium, and other alloys which self-generate an oxide surface film for corrosion protection. During fastener tightening, as pressure builds between the contacting and sliding thread surfaces, protective oxides are broken, possibly wiped off, and interface metal high points shear or lock together. This cumulative clogging-shearing-locking action causes increasing adhesion. In the extreme, galling leads to seizing - the actual freezing together of the threads. If tightening is continued, the fastener can be twisted off or its threads ripped out.

Carpenter Technologies, the fastener industry's largest supplier of stainless steel raw material, refers to this type of galling in their technical guide as "cold welding." Anyone who has seen a bolt and nut with this problem understands the graphic nature of this description.

Thanks,
James
Now thats an answer. I normally use a compatible antiseize to prevent thread galling. 99 percent of your customers are better off with a more user friendly product.

Well, you guys are on the ball, apologies for my comment. You keep this great stuff up!

·
Vendor
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now thats an answer. I normally use a compatible antiseize to prevent thread galling. 99 percent of your customers are better off with a more user friendly product.

Well, you guys are on the ball, apologies for my comment. You keep this great stuff up!
No apologies necessary. My intent was to explain the reasoning behind our choice of hardware for this particular application.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yea screw thread seizing, I have had that happen more then once with stainless. But anywho, more over I am impressed with this mount, as I have an 18 and its already got the electric focus rmm. I have come to the point that even with that upgraded factory mount I want something different in there, so I have been eyeing the Boomba stage 2 or the CPE stage 2 which are both really nice also. I know as far as stage 1 mounts there are so many different options available and they are so much the same. This mount looks to be very well built and the price point is, what can I say ON POINT. I have products from JBR all over my Speed6 but I haven't got any for my ST yet, but that may be about to change.

·
Vendor
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea screw thread seizing, I have had that happen more then once with stainless. But anywho, more over I am impressed with this mount, as I have an 18 and its already got the electric focus rmm. I have come to the point that even with that upgraded factory mount I want something different in there, so I have been eyeing the Boomba stage 2 or the CPE stage 2 which are both really nice also. I know as far as stage 1 mounts there are so many different options available and they are so much the same. This mount looks to be very well built and the price point is, what can I say ON POINT. I have products from JBR all over my Speed6 but I haven't got any for my ST yet, but that may be about to change.
I'm thrilled to hear you have JBR parts on your 6. I think you'll love this mount if you choose to go this route. It vibes a bit upon install breaks in to a nice smooth mount after about 1500 miles. We're very pleased with it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm thrilled to hear you have JBR parts on your 6. I think you'll love this mount if you choose to go this route. It vibes a bit upon install breaks in to a nice smooth mount after about 1500 miles. We're very pleased with it.
I can vouch for this RMM. I’ve had it on my 17 ST3 for about 3k miles and it’s great. I had my tuner up my idle to 950 for the A/C (like any other RMM) and that took care of the idle vibes. I honestly can’t imagine going back to the stock mount. Torque steer is significantly reduced, but not completely gone - which I enjoy! Its very manageable and fun, and only noticeable on hard 2nd and (sometimes) 3rd gear pulls. It’s very well made, 10/10 would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can vouch for this RMM. I’ve had it on my 17 ST3 for about 3k miles and it’s great. I had my tuner up my idle to 950 for the A/C (like any other RMM) and that took care of the idle vibes. I honestly can’t imagine going back to the stock mount. Torque steer is significantly reduced, but not completely gone - which I enjoy! Its very manageable and fun, and only noticeable on hard 2nd and (sometimes) 3rd gear pulls. It’s very well made, 10/10 would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm very happy to hear that this mount is working out so well for you. Keep spreading the word!

Thanks,
James

1 - 12 of 12 Posts