Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I just released a new brace for the focus st and figured id share it with you all! It is now available for purchase at tbperformanceproducts.com

Focus ST Crossmember Brace.jpeg
Focus ST Crossmember Brace2.jpeg

The factory crossmember brace is a flimsy grouping of stamped sheet metal pieces that bolts together. While a good start, significant chassis deflection occurs in this area which translates to unpredictable and diminished performance. By adding the TB Performance Products Crossmember Brace, you will gain a serious edge in handling.

-Made in the USA

-Mig and Tig Welded construction

-1"x1/2" rectangular tube steel construction for the highest strength at the lowest weight possible.

-.120 wall thickness mounting cups for the ultimate in strength

-Black Powdercoat finish

-Only weighs a few lbs!

·
Super Moderator
8,068 Posts
We are at the point where TB Performance just turns your car into an F1 car with the stability. Bravo!

·
Super Moderator
8,068 Posts
Any modifications needed to install or is it a straight replacement?
It looks like you remove the stock bolts and just screw them back in with this part on top. No modification from what I can see.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is that another different mid brace in those photos? Between your new cross member brace and the rear mid brace?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Is that another different mid brace in those photos? Between your new cross member brace and the rear mid brace?

looks like front is the 4-pt Traction bar and back is the rear-mid brace, and the cross-member brace is in between (where you attach the front of the Steeda jacking rails if you have those)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Another TB Performance part gets added to the future purchase list.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts

Oh now I see it, sneaky

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I almost posted the same thing earlier today. Sign me up if it happens.

Edit: Just remembered I am impatient. No need to sign up for a group by... I just ordered one :)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Just wanted to update the thread. Currently in contact with TB and getting this sorted out. Will post update of resolution in a few days when I get around to it. Great service so far.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I was able to get this installed today. A few notes...

1. I highly recommend buying replacement bolts for the large bolts as they are single use (Ford Part Number: CV6Z00812A). In my case I had to Dremel down the edges of the flange on the bolt a little to get them to fit into the cups. I believe this was due to the powder coat, but not a big deal to fix as it turned out.

2. If you have Steeda chassis jacking rails, get longer bolts for the other 4 bolts (M10x1.5). I would do at least 30mm length. I used 30mm on the inner two and 40mm on the outer two. 30mm would have worked on all 4, but my local hardware store only had 2 of each in automotive grade bolts.

3. If you have one available, use an impact wrench. The two large bolts were difficult to get out (granted my car is 5 years old at this point).

4. Part is definitely lightweight and definitely stiffer than the factory piece. TB was easy to contact and quick to reply. Ultimately I ended up working out the issue by modifying the bolt, but it seemed like TB would work with me if I needed something reasonable on their end to get the issue resolved.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I was able to get this installed today. A few notes...

1. I highly recommend buying replacement bolts for the large bolts as they are single use (Ford Part Number: CV6Z00812A). In my case I had to Dremel down the edges of the flange on the bolt a little to get them to fit into the cups. I believe this was due to the powder coat, but not a big deal to fix as it turned out.

2. If you have Steeda chassis jacking rails, get longer bolts for the other 4 bolts (M10x1.5). I would do at least 30mm length. I used 30mm on the inner two and 40mm on the outer two. 30mm would have worked on all 4, but my local hardware store only had 2 of each in automotive grade bolts.

3. If you have one available, use an impact wrench. The two large bolts were difficult to get out (granted my car is 5 years old at this point).

4. Part is definitely lightweight and definitely stiffer than the factory piece. TB was easy to contact and quick to reply. Ultimately I ended up working out the issue by modifying the bolt, but it seemed like TB would work with me if I needed something reasonable on their end to get the issue resolved.
This is very helpful, thanks. The two large bolts, if they're single use they're probably torque-to-yield right? If so, do you know the torque specs?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Seems like I found the torque spec. Unfortunately I have no idea what it was or where I found it. Tried looking around a little to see if I could find it again and did not have any luck.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
14 Participants
Yomny
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing