41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,068 Posts

·
Vendor
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
ST Flaps now available with the ST logo in the rear, the JBR logo in the rear, or no logo in the rear. Same quality material as the more expensive brands. Better hardware than all brands and ours will never chip, crack or snap like the less expensive brands. Buy once.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Currently in the market for some mudflaps and I absolutely love JBR parts, quality, worksmanship etc. These flaps look outstanding but for me they still stick out and down too far for my personal tastes, so I had a question. If I were to purchase a set and just carefully move down and over an inch and drill new holes, in the exact same pattern just different location, do you think I would have any problems installing them that way? Probably about an 1in or 1.5in down and .5-1in to the side. Essentially what I would want to do is cut the overhang down roughly by about half in both dimensions, just enough so that the ST/JBR logo could be seen sticking out the bottom corner.

As far as I can tell from the installation pictures it looks like it should be plausible but I'm not sure if there would be any interference issues with anything, especially with the extra mounting holes and hardware in the rear. The front looks like it would be much easier.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is it something that would need like a drill press to be accomplished? I didn't realize the material was that hard. Looks like I might have to just forego my idea of having mudflaps :-(.

·
Vendor
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
You could probably do it but, the flaps are very difficult to drill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
It's not that they're hard, it's because they are soft polyurethane and drilling it can be tricky.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's not that they're hard, it's because they are soft polyurethane and drilling it can be tricky.

Will you guys come out with one that isn't quite as long or wide? Love what I hear and the price is nice, but I don't want them to stick out quite that much. Any advice or help would be great. Thanks.

·
Vendor
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Will you guys come out with one that isn't quite as long or wide? Love what I hear and the price is nice, but I don't want them to stick out quite that much. Any advice or help would be great. Thanks.
There are no plans to change the design. For what it's worth though, they are adjustable. They can be push in or pulled out about a 1/2".

Thanks,
James

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
18 Participants
[email protected]
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing