Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Gah!!! I hate when I work on weekends that there are sales going on!!

Glad you made lots of sales, though! JBR stuff is very appealing to me lately! You guys seem to make some real quality stuff for our cars, and I appreciate that.

·
Registered
236 Posts
So many of these went out during the sale we've been cleared out entirely!

We'll have another 100 late next week.

-Jamie
I ordered thinking I'd have one with plenty of time to install before my 2 week road trip to the ST Octane Academy and beyond (I leave on the 11th). Instead, it seems I won't see it until I get back. I'm slightly heartbroken.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Shift arm held up great at Gingerman Raceway the other weekend. Slamming gears and didn't phase the arm at all.

Jamesbaroneracing.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
687 Posts
I've changed the shift arm in my future mods list to this one instead of the Breedt one. I made this decision based on two things: 1. The review from @Saybo, and 2. The solid reputation that JBR has around here.

It will be soon, as the bug has bit, and I have started modding.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've changed the shift arm in my future mods list to this one instead of the Breedt one. I made this decision based on two things: 1. The review from @Saybo, and 2. The solid reputation that JBR has around here.

It will be soon, as the bug has bit, and I have started modding.
I still love it. When I drove my friends stock ST it felt like rowing a boat. I think when my heavy shift Knob comes it will be perfect.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We're wrapping up more of these now and should have them shipping again very soon.

·
Registered
349 Posts
So I missed the mem day sale, waiting for check from my FiST buyback (long story) but now that I got it, short shift is the last "mod" on my short list for a while, and JBR is high on my list.. Any chance of a sale/discount soon?

·
Registered
687 Posts
So I missed the mem day sale, waiting for check from my FiST buyback (long story) but now that I got it, short shift is the last "mod" on my short list for a while, and JBR is high on my list.. Any chance of a sale/discount soon?

I'm holding out for 4th of July in hopes that some of these vendors will be inspired by colorful explosions in the sky, and give us all some good ole American discounts!

·
Vendor
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm holding out for 4th of July in hopes that some of these vendors will be inspired by colorful explosions in the sky, and give us all some good ole American discounts!
I heard a sale mentioned during our weekly meeting. Don't tell anyone I told you.

You'll love this shift arm.

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mine says it will be here Saturday :) Can't wait to try it out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ok so I installed my JBR shift arm today. Awesome looking piece and quality through the roof! Hardest part on the install was popping the roll pin out on the stock assembly. Had to go buy a 4lb hammer for that. Other then that smooth sailing.

Initial impressions: I set mine to 40%... Absolutely going to take some getting use to. Much more difficult to shift into gear then my last plate with 30% setting. I have a full brass wc shift 1lb knob with bushings on the linkage bracket. Def some rough shifts on my test driving. Hoping I'll get use to %40 or I'll switch to 20%.

Looks beautiful!

·
Vendor
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ok so I installed my JBR shift arm today. Awesome looking piece and quality through the roof! Hardest part on the install was popping the roll pin out on the stock assembly. Had to go buy a 4lb hammer for that. Other then that smooth sailing.

Initial impressions: I set mine to 40%... Absolutely going to take some getting use to. Much more difficult to shift into gear then my last plate with 30% setting. I have a full brass wc shift 1lb knob with bushings on the linkage bracket. Def some rough shifts on my test driving. Hoping I'll get use to %40 or I'll switch to 20%.

Looks beautiful!

Yup! That does look awesome!!

Shifting at 40% will require more effort for sure. It's something that will take some getting used to but won't take too long. I Personally like the 20% for the track and 40% for the street. If you drive on the street like you're on the track, then give the 20% a go. Keeping the 3 counter weights in place and the heavier knob is also going to help with the ease of shifting. I do encourage you to try and remove some or all of the counter weights. Experimenting may result in a configuration that's better suited to your driving style.

I'm very happy to hear you like it!!

-James

·
Registered
236 Posts

I got mine installed Saturday, set to 40% with all weights attached, cable bracket bushings installed and my Anarchy Motive Atlas knob in place. I think I like it, but holy cow, what a difference! Tomorrow I have a 200 mile drive to the city and back, so I'll get a real good chance to work it in traffic. We'll see if I switch over to 20% afterwards.

·
Registered
349 Posts

Packaged so nice I almost hate to install it..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just finished doing the install of this along with the shifter base bushings and the cable bushings. I will post my review for each of these in the corresponding thread for this vendor.

Pros: The shifter comes very nicely packaged as mentioned above and has a very sold feel in terms of quality. I was very pleased with this. Best of all...THROWS ARE STUPID SHORT NOW. I ended up setting the shifter to the 40% reduction and couldn't believe how much shorter it was. Even my friend who assisted me with the install and had never driven my car before the install, couldn't believe how much the throw was reduced. Combined with the shifter base and cable bushings, it feels amazing.

Cons: I would have preferred to have better identification of the hardware on the instructions. This caused a bit of confusion for my friend and I, but we were able to figure it out. Also, I was a little uneasy about the angle at which the cable now sits as it isn't as "straight" as before. I doubt this will cause issues in the future, but something to watch out for in the long haul. I am sure this happens with any of the short shifters, so probably not avoidable. Lastly, it is a little harder to lock in the gear, but the cable bushings do help.

Overall I really, really like this mod. Shifting the gears is much more enjoyable and simple. I'll be considering a weighted shift knob to help make the shifts even smoother. Thanks again to the team at JBR for hookin' it up over the labor day holiday!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Shifter arm feels great at 40% reduction and full weights!

·
Registered
768 Posts
So overall, the purpose of the weights is to aide shifting and counter effects the increased effort indicative of the shorter throw? Did I get that right? So at either 20 or 40%, less weights = more difficulty shifting?

·
Vendor
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So overall, the purpose of the weights is to aide shifting and counter effects the increased effort indicative of the shorter throw? Did I get that right? So at either 20 or 40%, less weights = more difficulty shifting?

Yes, the weights offset the added effort needed to shift. A heavy shift knob does the same thing. It's not difficult to shift with or without the weights though. Less weight also translates in to more feedback to the driver which many like.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts