Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We now have a Premium magnetic jack pad for the Ford Focus. The Premium jack pad is made of billet aluminum with a nylon insert with rare earth magnets. We also have a MagPuck for use with those that have a older style foor jack that has a cupped or recessed top.

You can see all the jack pads we have at www.zl1addons.com or Amazon

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Awesome. I had the car up on stands yesterday to get my exhaust on and the jack points for a standard jack are right on top of good jack stand locations. Ordering this now.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
where does that "clip" on; the pinch weld?

·
Registered
374 Posts
The only thing I don't understand it how it connects to the jack stands? The link doesn't work for me :/
it takes a few minutes to load. i think so many people are looking right now that its slowing the website down. if you have a flat jack it just places on top of it. if you have an older jack with lifted points they sell an adaptor

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
it takes a few minutes to load. i think so many people are looking right now that its slowing the website down. if you have a flat jack it just places on top of it. if you have an older jack with lifted points they sell an adaptor
Ah thanks man. Seems like a nice peice

·
Premium Member
5,730 Posts
I have a set of their old heavy duty ones and I was just using a block of wood between the jack and the pad. These are interesting because of the plate on them I would no longer need the wood, which also would help with a little more clearance between jack and car. The magnets are also nice because it says put on the pinch weld as you are setting the jack up.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have a set of their old heavy duty ones and I was just using a block of wood between the jack and the pad. These are interesting because of the plate on them I would no longer need the wood, which also would help with a little more clearance between jack and car. The magnets are also nice because it says put on the pinch weld as you are setting the jack up.
yeah its a pretty awesome idea. i havent taken the rims off my car yet cause of this issue. i have friends with lifts so ive been doing it that way but id like to lift it at home.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Forgive me for asking, but what's the difference between just using the pinch weld vs this covering the pinch weld? Is it just to distribute the load better?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I might be a little too late for my pinch welds it seems lol. I wonder if I could bend them flat enough to get these back on...

·
Vendor
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I might be a little too late for my pinch welds it seems lol. I wonder if I could bend them flat enough to get these back on...
Yes you can bend the pinch welds back, A jack will not bend them, most of the time it happens from high centering.

·
Vendor
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We have a MagPuck for both the universal and the premium to use in your case. We still sell the heavy use jack pads also.

·
Vendor
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Forgive me for asking, but what's the difference between just using the pinch weld vs this covering the pinch weld? Is it just to distribute the load better?
Good question, you could just lift the car up with a floor jack if the pinch welds are not covered or recessed. On all the Mustangs, Challengers and Camaro's and some if not all focus cars you need the jack pad, because the pinch weld opening is only 3 x 2 inch and the jack top would break the rocker cover.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts