Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EKOBST 16 Magnetic ST ST3

First Focus ST, picked up 08/07/16. Decided to let my Mustang go for a couple years and save some money. I love Ford, and if I couldn't be in a Mustang and needed something more affordable, I knew this would be it. Not my first ecoboost, my wife drives a 2014 Escape Titanium 4WD with the 2.0 and I love the motor. So this decision was a no brainer. I am pretty active on the forums. I still plan on contributing to mustang6g as often as I can. You can see my previous two Mustangs via the links in my signature. I unfortunately wont be doing too much to this. Just tint, (15% Llumar, already done), Stubby shorty antenna, (done), a drop in filter, (AEM dry filter, going in tonight), and some Diode Dynamics LED's (done, transferred from the stang what I could). I really need to just start saving some money for a couple years. My wife is a stay at home mom and my son is 2.5, so a one income household doesn't leave too much for mods, and the last 2.5 years have been tight. When my son goes to kindergarten and my wife goes back to work I will be back in a Mustang most likely. Until then I just plan to keep this clean and have a fun daily driver. I will contribute here as often as I can. I am a Production Supervisor at a Lexus dealership so I am in the industry. If anyone needs anything just Pm me. Thanks Everyone.

Current mods.

Engine
Cobb AP V3 Mountune tuned
Mountune BPV
Denso ITV22 spark plugs
AEM Dry Flow filter
Ground mod
Ford Performance engine cover

Drivetrain
Stock

Suspension
Stock

Interior
Diode Dynamics trunk and glove box LED's

Exterior
15% Llumar tint
Cravenspeed Stubby antenna
Diode Dynamic mirror turn signal LED's
Yellow vinyl fog light overlays
Focus badge removed
Yellow fog light tint

Wheels and tires
Factory machined 18's with factory all season tires

Stock
IMG_20160808_074021.jpg
Tint/Antenna
IMG_20160820_074108.jpg
Engine bay

New tags and badge removed
IMG_20160916_151948.jpg

·
Registered
222 Posts
Congrats...Fun car, don't be surprised if you don't feel like going back to the Mustang after awhile.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installed some yellow vinyl fog light overlays I got off eBay for $10. I find it easier to work with than laminex and cheaper. I don't care so much about protecting the lenses just wanted the color change.

Also installed the Focus RS Ford Performance engine cover. I figured it would be a direct swap but wasn't sure. I took the gamble and special ordered one through True Blue Racing. It came in today and is a perfect fit/direct swap. I didn't care for the design of the ST one. I think this one looks nice. Since it's badged Ford Performance (which the ST is also listed as) thought it was a nice upgrade.

Before

After

Before

After

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got all my revisions done with Randy at Mountune. I had my initial tune then finished with 4 revisions. I am very pleased with entire transaction, start to finish. Communication was excellent. Randy always responded in a very timely manor, and answered all my questions. Pricing was very reasonable since I ordered with the Cobb AP3, and made sure I took advantage of my 45 day free revision period. I can honestly tell you I have not one negative thing to say. I also ordered one step colder plugs with my tune, they even came pre-gapped, sealed with a decal listing their gap. I later ordered their BPV which was also very high quality. So if anyone is in the fence about what tune/tuner/parts to go with I would not hesitate to recommend them. Randy estimated my final numbers at 252/331. I wasn't chasing any numbers but they sound alright by me. All I have is a drop in AEM dry flow, 1 step colder plugs,a and the BPV. I just wanted to wake the car up and get my hands on all that usable torque for a fun daily that I know the Ecoboost is known for.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Post break-in oil change and a wash and wax. Yes, I believe in an change between 1k - 1500 miles an any new car/engine. I feel the same for transmissions and differentials too. I did not do my trans simply out of pure laziness. But don't let my laziness effect your methods. I did it on both of my Mustangs prior. Also a little knockoff Mountune badge I found on eBay, since you can't get the real thing without a power kit. I am still Mountune tuned and run their BPV.

Oil change: Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. This is my first time using it. Went with it based off of cost and reviews. Ford FL910S filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
Redline727
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing