Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2013 Focus ST with around 73k on it a few days ago.

17632025_10155205882748118_7630865522290370056_o.jpg

However not sure if this is the place to post about it but I've noticed a few issues with the car that I was wanting some opinions on..

1) When coming to a stop and putting in neutral or holding the clutch in, vehicle will intermittently shut off. I am fairly knowledgeable when it comes to cars so I figured it was a vacuum leak of some sort, I started looking around and found some small holes in the stock intercooler so I replaced it, however the problem still is there however not as frequently. I asked this same question on a fb page I joined and apparently this issue is related to a recall involving soldering wires. I'm taking it in to Ford first thing in the morning and hoping for the best.

17778661_10155212083088118_1973619280_o.jpg

2) When I was getting my intercooler replaced I had them scan for codes and it popped up 4 of them.. P0106 - MAP Sensor Range/Performance, P0131 - O2 Circuit low voltage (bank 1, sensor 1), P068A - ECM/PCM Power Delay Relay De-Energized - Too Early and P26DE - Engine Sound Control Circuit Performance. Again, i'm hoping 1 of these is triggering the others..

17521732_10155212082898118_280145663_o.jpg

3) Up until about this afternoon my phone had no problem connecting to my car via bluetooth, now it won't connect at all and my door handle locks don't work either..

Again i'm not sure if this is the right place, probably not, but any help or reassurance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As per reassurance, i'm sure the problem will be resolved in no time. The thread might nd up being a long with the suggestions that will come up shortly from some members. Worry less.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Also let the dealership work their magic on it first and see what they say.

·
Registered
816 Posts
1) it is probably the wire splice issue us 13' members have had. Ask the dealership if they did the wire splice recall and have them to at it again if they can. Most members have completely remedied it with replacing the whole entire splice, not just the ones Ford said were defective.

2) I'm not too sure what to make of all those, but I would let the dealership handle that.

3) you could try disconnecting the battery and see what happens after reconnecting it. Looking at issues 2) and 3) there could be some electrical gremlins playing around in the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I got the car back today, so far so good.. Hopefully looking to pick up a Cobb Tuner with some kind of stage 1 tune..

·
Registered
32 Posts
1) it is probably the wire splice issue us 13' members have had. Ask the dealership if they did the wire splice recall and have them to at it again if they can. Most members have completely remedied it with replacing the whole entire splice, not just the ones Ford said were defective.

2) I'm not too sure what to make of all those, but I would let the dealership handle that.

3) you could try disconnecting the battery and see what happens after reconnecting it. Looking at issues 2) and 3) there could be some electrical gremlins playing around in the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^What Soden82 said...

Glad to hear you got her back already and, so far so good (knock wood).

I'm in the DFW area myself, and just so happen to a have a COBB AP V3 (unmarried) up for grabs... already had some tire kickers but no actual takers yet.

PM me when you're ready to take that thing to the next level!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts