Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Any issues with bottoming out due to the decreased height or scraping the wheel wells?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The 2014 front springs are in the development process. We don't have an ETA yet but we will post one as soon as we have some firm dates.
Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
front OE springs 171lb/in mountune 196.5lb/in
rear OE 183lb/in mountune 210lbs/in
Ken,

So what made you decide to run stiffer up front and less on the rears vs. the Eibach pro-kit? From what I've seen published, here is how the two kits compare:

Eibach kit
Rate
Front: 153-193 lbs/in
Rear: 171-216 lbs/in

Mountune
Rate
Front: 155-196.5 lbs/in
Rear: 170-210 lbs/in

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ken,

So what made you decide to run stiffer up front and less on the rears vs. the Eibach pro-kit? From what I've seen published, here is how the two kits compare:

Eibach kit
Rate

Front: 153-193 lbs/in
Rear: 171-216 lbs/in

Mountune
Rate
Front: 155-196.5 lbs/in
Rear: 170-210 lbs/in

We tested many sets of springs with different rates. We feel this combo works best preserves the overall attitude of the car. I've driven our car with rear springs that had an increased rate and the overall balance was not good. It wanted to under steer and push at high speeds. Not fun.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Just wondering how these compare to the Eibach pro kit. They seem to be a similar drop, with similar spring rates if my memory serves me correct. Just hoping for some more info about what sets these apart.

Thanks

21 - 38 of 38 Posts