Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our new Focus ST Sport Spring kits are now in stock and ready to ship. Our engineers worked exclusively with Eibach to develop a spring set that would specially meet our requirements. After evaluating numerous spring designs that were currently on the market including Eibach’s own, we concluded that none of the current applications would meet the performance demands we were looking for. Our goal was to enhance and optimize the handling of the Focus ST while not overpowering the original shock absorber. We wanted the car to handle better on the track and ride comfortably on the freeways of Los Angeles. We also demanded advanced ride quality that is only offered by a true progressive rate spring. The outcome of countless validation miles on numerous British “B” roads, the Bruntingthorpe Proving grounds, and the famous Nordschleife is the ultimate spring upgrade set for the MK3 Focus ST, offering enhanced performance with an aggressive level stance. Made in the USA.
Rate increase : 15%
Ride height reduction Front 25mm/1"
Ride height reduction Rear 35mm/ 1.4

Available online or from our appointed dealers.

In the USA and Canada

In the UK and Europe

mt921-1-2.jpg injc-1-3.jpg FocusactionL.jpg

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mountune - What dampers do you recommend with these springs?
These springs were designed to work with the OE dampers. Our plan is to offer a more advanced suspension setup (Clubsport Kit) for those
that want advanced damper control and spring rate options. This spring set works very well, I drove a car in the UK with the set up and was very impressed but wondered how they would work on our roads here in the States. We now
have it on our car here in Los Angeles. The ride quality is impressive but the handling improvements are even more so. I had our ST up on Mulholland drive and was impressed with the improvements. Again, this is a nice upgrade but not a full race set up.

Thanks
KA

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was there any roll center consideration when designing the drop? Or any look into suspension geometry change?
We evaluated the entire suspension when designing these springs including effect on the torque vectoring system. However these are mild or sport upgrade level springs and not a motorsport setup so there is not a great deal of change in any of the suspension elements.
If you have specific questions , I can get with our design team in the UK and get you the answers.
Sorry for the delay, we have been out testing engine calibrations.

Thanks
KA

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ken, what are the spring rates? You say they are +15% but what are the actual rates? I am in Indiana and the roads here suck already on the stock suspension. So I have been leaning towards the Pro-Kit because it starts at nearly the same spring rates. I would rather have the mountune kit but worry about the ride on the crap midwest roads.

·
Banned
2,700 Posts
Thanks Ken. I'm looking for something to be semi competitive in STX autocross class. I can go full coil overs but wanted to see if there was any adjustable damper set up Mountune recommended.
These are what you want. These are a good performance spring. They are not a smooth ride but not to choppy. Handling is amazing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ken, what are the spring rates? You say they are +15% but what are the actual rates? I am in Indiana and the roads here suck already on the stock suspension. So I have been leaning towards the Pro-Kit because it starts at nearly the same spring rates. I would rather have the mountune kit but worry about the ride on the crap midwest roads.
front OE springs 171lb/in mountune 196.5lb/in
rear OE 183lb/in mountune 210lbs/in

·
Registered
534 Posts
The carefully-developed Mountune spring rate increases and mild drops sold me. I absolutely love Bilsteins and think the Bilstein Sport struts and shocks will pair very well with the Mountunes due to their slightly more aggressive and precise damping - and stout monotube design. Just ordered my spring set. Thank you Mountune!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
That's great to hear, Nagua! I am waiting for warmer weather to make the Mountune/Bilstein Sport change and will post before/after results at that time. Glad you like them!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts