Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Anyway, welcome to the forum! sorry to kinda Hijack. the euro bois and the Mk2 got me triggered:LOL:

I put together a FMIC kit for less than $200 and its large and keeps the car very cool. (also looks dope) I can send you the parts list if you're interested. Does require some handiness.

Or go with one of the lovely kits from the many vendors on the forum if you want a hassle free high quality experience.

Either way, I'd recommend getting a FMIC before spending money on a tune.. Tuners usually charge for revisions, and the stock IC is a big bottleneck for tuning. FMIC first is a more cost effective order of operations.
Oo for 200, sounds like a steal go ahead and send the parts list.

·
Registered
2016 ST1, FBO, GTX2867R Gen2 .64-AR, Spec stage 2 clutch, Quaife LSD, Fortune Auto 500 coil-overs.
164 Posts
Welcome. I bought my 2016 st new. Drove it stock for about 15k miles and then went with Mountune's MP275 kit. Im at 70k now and went with a larger turbo and lsd among other things. You made a good choice, the st is awesome imo.Im still learning a ton everyday and this forum is great so hang around.

·
Registered
2013 ST2, AGP BWS turbo, SP63 block
233 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
@average_st
Hahah I'm sorry I'm getting distracted by self tuning. Spending all of my free time trying to make my car crackle.
I will get to it.

Reactions: sttwoton

·
Registered
233 Posts
Here it is! parts ended up totaling to $321

Reactions: MtnMan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Here it is! parts ended up totaling to $321
Yay! Thank you so much!

·
Registered
233 Posts
This one's real cheap

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
This one's real cheap
that is C H E A P, but honestly I might just save up a bit and get a depo racing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
or with the other one you posted since it looks easier and less time consuming to make and install. Since the bracket and intercooler matches better.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sure! Do mind that the pictures of mine are shown on a pre facelift ST (2013-2014) and I believe you have the face lift era.

Something to note is that vendor intercoolers sometimes require you to drill through the bash bar anyway in which case you may kick yourself for not just building your own.
It looks like the depo one uses the stock radiator clips which will save you the drilling. there's also has some nice flow property features in the end tanks. maybe go that way.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Sure! Do mind that the pictures of mine are shown on a pre facelift ST (2013-2014) and I believe you have the face lift era.

Something to note is that vendor intercoolers sometimes require you to drill through the bash bar anyway in which case you may kick yourself for not just building your own.
It looks like the depo one uses the stock radiator clips which will save you the drilling. there's also has some nice flow property features in the end tanks. maybe go that way.
Could be mistaken, but I think the only one the you need to drill to mount is Cobb.

Reactions: Habriant40
41 - 55 of 55 Posts