Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
318 Posts
It's not an obsession with dust, it's the fact that dust shows immediately on black paint. And the hatch sucks it onto the car.
Yes, but isn't dust less noticeable than stains on interior or tar, insects, etc on exterior? :unsure:

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's shame we only got and will only ever have the mk3. :( I don't mind the 4 doors, but I'm gonna miss the ST as a whole.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Some colours show dirt more than others, black and white seem to be the worst, silver and grey seem less so, but silver and grey are also the most dreary colours imho.
I have an Ingot Silver. It was my absolute last choice in color, as it's my least favorite, but it was all I had on the market when my old car died on me.

I've discovered the beautiful thing about silver cars that makes me not hate them nearly as much. That thing has to get quite dirty before it starts looking dirty from more than 2 feet away.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Welcome OP, great car!
Looks just like my 2016 👍😎

How many miles?

Need an intercooler before tune is the general advice.

Are your sure droning isn't coming from exhaust, or is it stock?

Your symposer might have a hole in the diaphragm, or the control valve might be acting up.

Mine didn't drone when I got it about 36,000 but I did notice a small split in the symposer diaphragm when I later checked it, so that was enough excuse for me to get a delete plate to run a turbosmart BPV. 😁
30k miles,I’ll just be running a block off, wanting the extra space for looking clean. I really want to do a FMIC but I’m alittle low on cash since I just spent it on focus st lol.So does that mean I should stick to the stage 1 tune? Previous owner ran stage 3 so I thought it would be fine. Only question is a P340 code ok to drive around with? To me it’s fine but I replaced the cam sensor and cleared the codes but it popped right back up again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Congratulations on your new ride. Some randomness: Our black ST's always look dirty twenty minutes after washing. Pull the upper symposer pipe from the electric valve and stuff a sponge in it and reattach, then listen for drone. As said above, the drone may be in your exhasut. I'm totally satisfied with my ST's performance and only have filter, intercooler, and semi custom Stratifed tune. If it's an ST1 you'll grow to hate the stereo. Also if it's an ST2 or ST3. The awesome group here have worked out many ways to fix the hate. Don't cheap out on fuel. Top tier 93 octane all of the time. Stop pumping at the first click, don't top off the tank. Rev match all the time. If you have a problem getting into reverse in the morning, try going to 4th and then R.
Thank you! I tried unplugging my symposer and it still drones sadly. but I got a block off plate to be sure it’s not leaking or anything. Want to pump 93 but all we got here is 91 which I hope is fine. All I’m worried about now is my CEL a code P0340 which is a cam sensor, I’ve heard it could be a loose phaser which I don’t plan to do is I don’t have to..

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
318 Posts
Thank you! I tried unplugging my symposer and it still drones sadly. but I got a block off plate to be sure it’s not leaking or anything. Want to pump 93 but all we got here is 91 which I hope is fine. All I’m worried about now is my CEL a code P0340 which is a cam sensor, I’ve heard it could be a loose phaser which I don’t plan to do is I don’t have to..
Did you unplug the electrical connecter? It can make it sound worse if the control valve is open. Thus the other suggestion to put some foam in the tube temporarily.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Did you unplug the electrical connecter? It can make it sound worse if the control valve is open. Thus the other suggestion to put some foam in the tube temporarily.
oh.. could I tape it up? would that work for temporary to see if it drones any less?

edit: I just got the block off plate so no need to do that, will be installing hoping it gets ride of all the drone!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Your PO340 isn't something to ignore. Here's a thread for a quick possible fix:

If reseating the sensor connectors doesn't fix it there are other threads you need to read. The Site Search on this website is pitiful, but Google Site Search works just fine. Open up Google and type or paste this into the search box:

site:focusst.org p0340

If you need more guidance after doing the research and troubleshooting that you can do, start a new thread asking for help. Be sure to include year, mods, miles, Trouble Codes, anything you did to the car around the time of the codes, and what you already tried to do to fix your car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Your PO340 isn't something to ignore. Here's a thread for a quick possible fix:

If reseating the sensor connectors doesn't fix it there are other threads you need to read. The Site Search on this website is pitiful, but Google Site Search works just fine. Open up Google and type or paste this into the search box:

site:focusst.org p0340

If you need more guidance after doing the research and troubleshooting that you can do, start a new thread asking for help. Be sure to include year, mods, miles, Trouble Codes, anything you did to the car around the time of the codes, and what you already tried to do to fix your car.
Thank you! I’ll try to look around once more, I already tried to replace the sensor. I bought the car with the code.

·
2,045 Posts
I have an Ingot Silver. It was my absolute last choice in color, as it's my least favorite, but it was all I had on the market when my old car died on me.
As someone who owns 3 black cars and recently picked up a 4th in Ingot Silver, i can say that it looks REALLY good with window tint, black wheels, and black accents. I was really drawn to it, even having black as my preference.

I've Seen silver STs done up similarly On here in the past and can say the same about them.

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
158 Posts
Here in the U.K. silver ST’s are the rarest colour, as they were the least popular, so I guess at least people who own the silver ones can say they have a rare car. 😁

·
Registered
2013 ST2, AGP BWS turbo, SP63 block
233 Posts
It's shame we only got and will only ever have the mk3. :( I don't mind the 4 doors, but I'm gonna miss the ST as a whole.
what about the 2005-2007 ST? ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
who needs a turbo when you weight 2500 lb?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Slap a FSWerks turbo on the MKI US ST. They scoot nicely then. Did the same to my 05 SE.
turbo build is in the plan. that stock one in the pic is a southern car. The built one's chassis is rusted out.
Gonna do a good ole chassis swap on it. Probably will piece a kit together but the FSWERKS kits are so nice tho....
We recently acquired a much sought after Street appearance package for it. very exciting.

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
233 Posts
Anyway, welcome to the forum! sorry to kinda Hijack. the euro bois and the Mk2 got me triggered:LOL:

I really want to do a FMIC but I’m alittle low on cash since I just spent it on focus st lol
I put together a FMIC kit for less than $200 and its large and keeps the car very cool. (also looks dope) I can send you the parts list if you're interested. Does require some handiness.

Or go with one of the lovely kits from the many vendors on the forum if you want a hassle free high quality experience.

Either way, I'd recommend getting a FMIC before spending money on a tune.. Tuners usually charge for revisions, and the stock IC is a big bottleneck for tuning. FMIC first is a more cost effective order of operations.

Reactions: TurboGT
21 - 40 of 55 Posts